Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
Punchy71
Punchy71 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
How do I synchronize my Kindle with Calibre?

I'm new to both Calibre and my new Amazon Kindle Paperwhite e-reader. In fact I'm still trying to figure out how to use them both. My question is how do I synchronize the books I currently have on my Kindle Paperwhite with what shows up in the Calibre library? It doens't seem to do it automatically.

Thank you
Punchy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
You can't.

Calibre is used, among other things, to send books to your device. Only then will it display those books as residing on your PW for management. Subsequently, those books can be managed or deleted via Calibre. Any over-the-air Amazon books that might appear cannot be synchronized or managed via Calibre. However, they can be downloaded and transfered via USB from your Kindle account and imported into Calibre.

Last edited by Skydog; 05-06-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote