Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-03-2013, 03:03 AM   #16
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
I don't know if this could help but the OP says "any AP", http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2348166
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:53 AM   #17
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
I don't know if this could help but the OP says "any AP", http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2348166
Thanks!

That is probably what I did last year and have forgotten about it.
It reads as vary familiar.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #18
LRond
LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Touch
NICE MAN, you helped me so much

it's finally workin and i feel so happy now and thank to all others too

Last edited by LRond; 05-03-2013 at 09:37 AM.
LRond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #19
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
My pleasure
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #20
hfpop
Zealot
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: KPW1 WiFi 5.4.4
Personal Kindle Library on Android device

Thanks to the post cited by stepk I successfully configured a closed environment to access from Kindle Paperwhite a personal Kindle library stored on an Android device. In this way we practically extend the limited space on the Kindle with the space on a "personal cloud", i.e. the available space on the Android sdcard.

Configure the Android smartphone or tablet:
- store the kindle library on .../sdcard/Kindle or similar;
- disable the phone WiFi and 3G data communication;
- configure WiFi tethering: set password access, and allow devices on a whitelist; for now, add only your kindle there;
- install kWS and configure as home folder the folder you set the kindle library on; activate directory listing.

Configure the Kindle Paperwhite:
- add the empty file WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE on /mnt/us (i.e. the root of the USB folder), and reboot the Kindle.

Current use:
- Android: start WiFi tethering and kWS (in this order);
- Kindle: start WiFi service and access the WiFi hotspot on your Android device;
- Kindle: start the experimental browser and access the http address of the kWS install (as displayed on the Android screen);
- Kindle: navigate through the folders and download to Kindle whatever files you need;
- Android and Kindle: after use, exit and close the services in reversed order.

Last edited by hfpop; 05-05-2013 at 07:16 AM.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:11 AM   #21
zxczxc
Connoisseur
zxczxc can bend spoons with a thought.zxczxc can bend spoons with a thought.zxczxc can bend spoons with a thought.zxczxc can bend spoons with a thought.zxczxc can bend spoons with a thought.zxczxc can bend spoons with a thought.zxczxc can bend spoons with a thought.zxczxc can bend spoons with a thought.zxczxc can bend spoons with a thought.zxczxc can bend spoons with a thought.zxczxc can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
Thanks to the post cited by stepk I successfully configured a closed environment to access from Kindle Paperwhite a personal Kindle library stored on an Android device. In this way we practically extend the limited space on the Kindle with the space on a "personal cloud", i.e. the available space on the Android sdcard.

Configure the Android smartphone or tablet:
- store the kindle library on .../sdcard/Kindle or similar;
- disable the phone WiFi and 3G data communication;
- configure WiFi tethering: set password access, and allow devices on a whitelist; for now, add only your kindle there;
- install kWS and configure as home folder the folder you set the kindle library on; activate directory listing.

Configure the Kindle Paperwhite:
- add the empty file WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE on /mnt/us (i.e. the root of the USB folder), and reboot the Kindle.

Current use:
- Android: start WiFi tethering and kWS (in this order);
- Kindle: start WiFi service and access the WiFi hotspot on your Android device;
- Kindle: start the experimental browser and access the http address of the kWS install (as displayed on the Android screen);
- Kindle: navigate through the folders and download to Kindle whatever files you need;
- Android and Kindle: after use, exit and close the services in reversed order.

very cool! although, what is kWS? thanks
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:22 AM   #22
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.kws&hl=en

?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote