Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-22-2008, 06:02 PM   #136
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I remember hearing that one!! It is funny! I wish I could remember jokes. I can remember so much useless trivia ... but jokes and punchlines seem to elude me for some unknown reason.

I'm one of those people .....

"OK, OK .... I heard this joke. It seems there was this man who walked into a bar. Oh ... oh ... wait .... the man is married, and he has a dog ... or maybe it's a cat. Anyway, so this man walks into a bar with his wife and his cat ... no ..... wait ..... I'm sure it's a dog ..... "
The trick, Ricky, is not to remember the joke but to remember the essence of the humor in the joke, i.e. what makes it funny. The as Taylor said each person can embellish it as he or she wishes based on their own life style and who is hearing the joke.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #137
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
The trick, Ricky, is not to remember the joke but to remember the essence of the humor in the joke, i.e. what makes it funny. The as Taylor said each person can embellish it as he or she wishes based on their own life style and who is hearing the joke.
That's the problem ... those of us who are really good at remembering useless trivia, are really bad at remembering "essences" of things.

You know .... "can't see the forest for the trees" ?? However, I'm great at breaking legal problems down to the nuts and bolts ... and a was a damned good pathologist for the same reason (just love finding out what killed 'em ...). It's all nuts, bolts, and trivia to me. It's the warm, fleshy stuff that I'm no good at.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:54 PM   #138
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
That's the problem ... those of us who are really good at remembering useless trivia, are really bad at remembering "essences" of things.

You know .... "can't see the forest for the trees" ?? However, I'm great at breaking legal problems down to the nuts and bolts ... and a was a damned good pathologist for the same reason (just love finding out what killed 'em ...). It's all nuts, bolts, and trivia to me. It's the warm, fleshy stuff that I'm no good at.
Unfortunately (or fortunately since I'm an engineer and cutting to the "nuts & bolts" helps there too) my mind is also filled with trivia, like were the cartoon character, Bar Sinister, came from & means. And Patricia, this is not a left handed joke, even if I think it's funny.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:59 PM   #139
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Unfortunately (or fortunately since I'm an engineer and cutting to the "nuts & bolts" helps there too) my mind is also filled with trivia, like were the cartoon character, Bar Sinister, came from & means. And Patricia, this is not a left handed joke, even if I think it's funny.
Uh.......was that a shot about left handed people of which I am one??

"Did you Know? Right handed people operate in the left side of the brain. Left handed people use the right side. Therefore, only left handed people are in their right mind."

Last edited by desertgrandma; 07-22-2008 at 10:05 PM. Reason: addition
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:42 PM   #140
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ral#post218998

I think it's a reference to this.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:05 PM   #141
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

"Did you Know? Right handed people operate in the left side of the brain. Left handed people use the right side. Therefore, only left handed people are in their right mind."
Now DG there are some of us that operate with out mind at all! And dont worry I will get a perfectly good right hand on order for you. That way you won't be in the minority.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:23 PM   #142
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
She's a witch! Burn her!

Quote:
Okay, so I am "right handed", except for drinks which I hold in my left hand. I also kick with my left foot.

Maybe my corpus collosum spaghettified somewhere along the line. I really should stop listening to Tibetan Throat Singing on my headphones while watching reruns of Gilligans Island. I knew something was wrong when Skipper started to lipsync the Singing and Ginger shaved her head and wore yellow robes despite this being the pre-colour episodes.

I've got a migraine. Sorry.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #143
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
She's a witch! Burn her!

Okay, so I am "right handed", except for drinks which I hold in my left hand. I also kick with my left foot.

Maybe my corpus collosum spaghettified somewhere along the line. I really should stop listening to Tibetan Throat Singing on my headphones while watching reruns of Gilligans Island. I knew something was wrong when Skipper started to lipsync the Singing and Ginger shaved her head and wore yellow robes despite this being the pre-colour episodes.

Cheers,
Marc
ok What ever it is you are on Marc take a break for a few days

JJ
Old 07-22-2008, 11:39 PM   #144
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
yes, I know. I was just trying to antagonize him.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:42 PM   #145
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Now DG there are some of us that operate with out mind at all! And dont worry I will get a perfectly good right hand on order for you. That way you won't be in the minority.

JJ
About 10 per cent of the population is left handed. I don't mind being in the minority. Makes me 'special'
Old 07-22-2008, 11:44 PM   #146
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
She's a witch! Burn her!

Cheers,
Marc
Poor man! Your post is so bizarre I can't even respond properly! I just can't correlate the words into a meaningful sentence. Something about spaghetti and gingersnaps?
Old 07-22-2008, 11:52 PM   #147
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Poor man! Your post is so bizarre I can't even respond properly! I just can't correlate the words into a meaningful sentence. Something about spaghetti and gingersnaps?
Fine. Mock me. See if I care. Talk about armadilloduckpandacats and call me bizarre? Am i bothered? Nah, you just go right ahead.

( <---- so you know I'm not serious)

(I do have migraine though, and it's getting worse ).

Cheers,
Marc
Old 07-22-2008, 11:54 PM   #148
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Fine. Mock me. See if I care. Talk about armadilloduckpandacats and call me bizarre? Am i bothered? Nah, you just go right ahead.

( <---- so you know I'm not serious)

(I do have migraine though, and it's getting worse ).

Cheers,
Marc
Seriously if you really have a migraine, my very sincere wishes for a speedy recovery. I've only had two in my life and that was two too many. Go lay in a dark room. And I knew you weren't serious.
And armadilloduckmonkeypandacats RULE

Last edited by desertgrandma; 07-23-2008 at 12:28 AM. Reason: adding the monkey!
Old 07-23-2008, 12:02 AM   #149
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Seriously if you really have a migraine, my very sincere wishes for a speedy recovery. I've only had two in my life and that was two too many. Go lay in a dark room.
I do seriously. I should probably go see a doc' sometime soon, since they've started to come back with increasing frequency again.

Quote:
... And armadilloduckpandacats RULE
Hmm, I'm interested in your theory, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Cheers,
Marc (who has room for other animals in his gibbonated philosophy)
Old 07-23-2008, 12:25 AM   #150
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Seriously if you really have a migraine, my very sincere wishes for a speedy recovery. I've only had two in my life and that was two too many. Go lay in a dark room.

And I knew you weren't serious. And armadilloduckpandacats RULE
I guess Monkey's are left out in the cold as usual

JJ

Tags
duck!, unutterable silliness