Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Save Template: Strip out spaces

I know that it's only cosmetic but I would like to remove spaces from filenames used to send books to my device.

My save template is currently: {title_sort:.8}

Can I add some code to either strip out spaces or convert them to hyphens?
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
I know that it's only cosmetic but I would like to remove spaces from filenames used to send books to my device.

My save template is currently: {title_sort:.8}

Send to File has the option to replace spaces with underscores.

(are you having the same problem I have with my PEz. Bookmarks do not work (be able to retrieve location) with files that have spaces? )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
Using single function mode:
Code:
Strip spaces: {title_sort:.8:re( ,)}
Convert spaces to hyphens: {title_sort:.8:re( ,-)}
Using template program mode:
Code:
Strip spaces: {title_sort:.8:'re($, ' ' ,'')'}
Convert spaces to hyphens: {title_sort:.8:'re($, ' ' ,'-')'}
or
Code:
Strip spaces: {title_sort:'shorten(re($, ' ' ,''), 8, '', 0)'}
Convert spaces to hyphens: {title_sort:'shorten(re($, ' ' ,'-'), 8, '', 0)'}
Using general program mode:
Code:
Strip spaces: program: shorten(re(field('title_sort'), ' ', ''), 8, '', 0)
Convert spaced to hyphens: program: shorten(re(field('title_sort'), ' ', '-'), 8, '', 0)
and so on.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Thanks for the replies. I used the simple function solution and both stripping and converting work exactly as required. (I'll save the more complex methods for a rainy day!)

(And... No, I was not having a bookmark problem, I just don't like spaces in filenames.)

Last edited by Agama; 03-17-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
templates