Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
PBMax
Edge User

JPG / Picture Viewing on my E-Ink Side

Just like PDFs may be opened with the Library, or Office applet; We should be able to select where a picture is opened without converting them to PDF first. Brownie points for creating a system setting that holds the default app pointer so the selection isn't necessary every time.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
PBMax
Edge User

I have quite a few manuals, documentation with schematics, that were captured as .jpgs, (One per page), and I just want to put them up as static images for reference while I work on my car etc. Text searching and cross-linking isn't needed in this case, but zooming and markup features would be nice.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
dcubed2
Edge User

My Google books pdfs that are image files (scanned from books, not ocr or text) don't seem to be able to zoom. When I try, the page goes blank. So, your image jpgs may not be zoom-able either, if they ever get implemented. I can annotate with the pen, though - just not search, highlight, zoom, etc. And, to be fair, I can't search or highlight in these files on my pc either - because they are images and not recognized as text.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #4
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Try using a program like dopdf http://www.dopdf.com/ to print them to PDF on your PC and then load onto the Edge.