Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
AGB
Headbutting stupidity
AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650
And now to something completely different!

Morgan Motor Company will reintroduce their threewheeler in the near future. It will be called "Morgan Threewheeler 2011":

http://www.morgan3wheeler.co.uk/genevalaunch.html

Of course, ACE cycle car has been making a reproduction of the original Morgan Threewheeler for quite some time, and he is now building them under license from Malvern (Morgan Motor).

http://cycle-car.com/

I so want a threewheeler
AGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
AGB
Headbutting stupidity
AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, I forgot to add some specs:

Weight: 500kgs/1100lbs
100bhp at rear wheel
Top speed 115mph/184kmh
0-60mph/0-100kmh: 4.5 seconds
1800cc V-twin
5-speed gearbox + reverse
Old 01-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGB View Post
I so want a threewheeler
I used to have one. Wasn't all that impressed, so I traded it for two-wheeler.

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
AGB
Headbutting stupidity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I used to have one. Wasn't all that impressed, so I traded it for two-wheeler.
lol, well, that's the wrong kind! It has to have two front wheels and only one in the rear. Otherwise it would be as tippy as the Reliant Robin:

Old 01-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
lol, well, that's the wrong kind! It has to have two front wheels and only one in the rear. Otherwise it would be as tippy as the Reliant Robin:
OMG!!! I can't believe something like that even was made. It's ghastly! I can see why you like the ones you first posted.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:02 AM   #6
AGB
Headbutting stupidity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
OMG!!! I can't believe something like that even was made. It's ghastly! I can see why you like the ones you first posted.
What's worse, several different Reliant Robins were made:

http://www.google.dk/images?um=1&hl=...qi=g1&aql=&oq=

It really is an awful car. It's even worse than those god awful motorcycle tricycles with a long front fork and a fat balding beer-gutted man driving it.

No, the Morgans are awesome. It's so low.
Here's a news report showing an old one:

Old 01-26-2011, 10:22 AM   #7
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I have a friend who used to have a 3-wheel Messerschmitt; he drove all the way from Amsterdam to Paris in it. Long ago; I wasn't even born.

desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #8
AGB
Headbutting stupidity

I read somewhere that someone is about to market a modern version of the Messerschmidt.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #9
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I notice that new Morgan is for the export market (left drive). I wonder if it will be street legal in North America, and how much it will cost here.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #10
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I wonder if I could get my dog in the passenger seat?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newfie1.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	65534  
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #11
AGB
Headbutting stupidity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
I notice that new Morgan is for the export market (left drive). I wonder if it will be street legal in North America, and how much it will cost here.
You will be able to get either. Be it left or right hand drive. It's your choice.

In many places, it will be registered as a motorcycle. I know that some people in the US have them (the old ones) registered as motorcycles, whereas others have them registered as cars. I think it matters which state it is. In California, there's no way in hell this would fly registered as a car.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #12
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!
Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
That's a pretty ride. But I'd be afraid of getting a scratch on it. It's too gorgeous for me.
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #13
AGB
Headbutting stupidity

Nah, it's aluminium on a frame of pipes. If it get's dented you can mend it and weld it

I'd love to take one of those on a trip so often done by people on Yamaha Ténérés: Gravel roads and so on, bringing a tent and having fun. It wouldn't be as comfy as a "proper" car, but much nicer than a two wheeler (to me, anyway).
Old 01-27-2011, 02:10 AM   #14
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Quote:

I have so seen that thing before

It's Mr. Bean's whipping boy . On-topic though, the first post three wheeler looks kewl .

Last edited by thrawn_aj; 01-27-2011 at 02:12 AM.
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote