Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #1
ebookrights
Banned
ebookrights began at the beginning.

Device: none
Auto Download Metadata on Import

Is there a way to get Calibre to automatically download metadata for a book when you import it? I have looked in the options but cannot see it for some reason.

Also, is there a way to get Calibret to automatically just fix the "Author Sort" field?
ebookrights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:34 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookrights View Post
Is there a way to get Calibre to automatically download metadata for a book when you import it? I have looked in the options but cannot see it for some reason.
That would be because it's not there.

Quote:
Also, is there a way to get Calibret to automatically just fix the "Author Sort" field?
What do you mean by that? There are quite a few ways of managing what goes into author_sort, so you'd have to be more specific as to what you like to see.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 12-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
John Peterson
John Peterson began at the beginning.

Device: none
This merge request include code for this https://code.launchpad.net/~john-pet.../+merge/140356.
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote