Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-23-2010, 09:37 PM   #46
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I'm talking direct sunlight. I said I could read if overcast. In direct sunlight it's just as worthless as an ipod, ipad or any other lcd screen.

If you can read it "just fine" in direct sunlight then you have alien xray eyes or soemthing.
Galaxy S phones are readable in direct sunlight actually the word is usable more than readable. You wont enjoy reading in direct sunlight but the screen is visible that you can check email caller ID etc.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #47
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Galaxy S phones are readable in direct sunlight actually the word is usable more than readable. You wont enjoy reading in direct sunlight but the screen is visible that you can check email caller ID etc.
I can do a number of things (badly) with my DroidX as well. It has exactly the same type of screen it is useless for reading any amount of text in directly sunlight. Yeah it's visible, barely and pretty useless.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #48
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
I'm talking direct sunlight. I said I could read if overcast. In direct sunlight it's just as worthless as an ipod, ipad or any other lcd screen.

If you can read it "just fine" in direct sunlight then you have alien xray eyes or soemthing.
The eye doc did say that while I wear glasses my eyes are getting better and not worse LOL, they said it should be the opposite at 32! Even lowered my prescription....hmmmm.....maybe I do have alien eyes LOL.

Buy the whole sunlight thing has to do with the type of diffusing the screen protector does as well, it's not just the screen. LOL.

It's not ideal, but it's readable for me....although I don't read outside for more than 5 minutes waiting for my son to get out of school.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:03 PM   #49
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
The eye doc did say that while I wear glasses my eyes are getting better and not worse LOL, they said it should be the opposite at 32! Even lowered my prescription....hmmmm.....maybe I do have alien eyes LOL.

Buy the whole sunlight thing has to do with the type of diffusing the screen protector does as well, it's not just the screen. LOL.

It's not ideal, but it's readable for me....although I don't read outside for more than 5 minutes waiting for my son to get out of school.

5 mins is not what I consider serious reading on it in direct sunlight. I'm talking like an hour or two on the beach or reading while walking for 2 miles (45 mins) as I do at lunchtime.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:15 AM   #50
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
5 mins is not what I consider serious reading on it in direct sunlight. I'm talking like an hour or two on the beach or reading while walking for 2 miles (45 mins) as I do at lunchtime.
Yeah outside I don't do some serious reading, and walking and reading, man, I can't do that, I'd go off into space and walk into traffic LOL.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
samsung, super amoled