Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 05:41 AM   #16
Jakie
Connoisseur
Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Blackberry playbook and Q10
The Archos 70 or 101 seem so far ahead of anything else out there. Given what Augen did to drop the ball with their first attempt, I am leary about their gen 2 offerings. It will only get better as we watch! I like these better than the Galaxy, because I already have a phone plan, and do not want to fork out big bucks for another.
Jakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:27 AM   #17
AndroidGold
AndroidGold began at the beginning.

Device: AG2 Android Tablet from AndroidGold.com
Check out what we're doing for Android in China...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
whats the best Android tablet out at the moment.
I promised my sister I will buy her a tablet by Nov and from the looks of it the best by far is still Ipad and its really bugging me that I will have to dish out for an apple device.
I know better Android tablets are coming out next year but by then she would be an apple zombie sadly I would be the cause.
I have already lost one sibling to the disease just this month after not being able to convince her to get an Android phone instead of Iphone 4.
I suggest you check out our Android tablets at AndroidGold.com

We have sorted through hundreds of Android tablets from Chinese OEM manufacturers and identified the best of the lot to feature on our website.

The AG2 is by far the best we've come across and we're selling it for just $199 with a keyboard/case - which helps make up for some deficiency in the resistive touch screen, though recent firmware upgrades have greatly improved it's general utility.
We will provide an Android 2.2 upgrade in November for this device and expect to have a capacitive screen version available by the end of he year (prototypes already produced and being tested).

I'm not gonna say that our Android tablets are better than the iPad, though they do some things the iPad won't (run multiple apps at once, play Flash videos). I personally use mine on a daily basis for checking the news while I get coffee and have Skype Lite running on it for chatting.

Just to let you know, we see AndroidGold as establishing a process for incorporating customer feedback into China's OEM development community so that our partner factories can continuously improve their Android products over time - even in the two short months we've been at this we've helped dramatically improve the firmware (and even hardware) on our select Android tablets and hope to bring some of the Android phone devices we've been working on to the market soon.
AndroidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #18
vercetti
vercetti began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie View Post
The Archos 70 or 101 seem so far ahead of anything else out there.
i'm curious what convinces you that the archos 101 model is better than the notionink!

here's a comparison between the two:

display:
adam has pixelqi, archos only plain tft (if pixelqi is unfamiliar google it, you'll see what great advantage it brings). alone this feature makes the notionink beat any competitor at the time. seriously, read up on pixelqi. adam will also be available with a plain tft though.

cpu:
adam has Dual Core Cortex A9 each running @ 1GHz combined with nVidia's newest Tegra 2 graphics chip, archos only single core ARM Cortex A8 @ 1 GHz. i don't think this has to be commented any further...

internal storage/ram:
adam 16 or 32gb and 1gb ram, archos 8 or 16gb and 1gb ram (i think).

connectivity:
adam bluetooth, wlan, 3g, A-gps. Archos only bluetooth and wifi, no 3g, no gps.

ports:
adam: 2 usb, 1 mini-usb, hdmi (fullhd 1080p), micro-sd, docking port
swivel cam (movable by 180degrees) with 3.1mp , 2 speakers, built in mic, 3.5mm headphone jack, Mic jack.
archos: 1 usb, 1 mini-usb, hdmi (720p), micro-sd, 3.5mm jack, speakers and built in mic, only front facing cam with 0.3mp

battery:
adam: with backlight on about 16hours, with backlight off you can get up to 160hours...
archos: because of standard tft screen you can't turn backlight off so you'll get typical battery life around 10hours.

feature only found in adam:
touchpad on the back of the device

pricing: very similar, adam probably little higher

so seeing the facts i don't think it's very hard to tell which of the 2 products has more to offer and which is one is "far ahead of anything else out there".
and again, i'm not from notionink and i won't be getting the adam either (i'm still waiting for a android tablet that has a 1024x768 screen). i just think it's weird that people don't do a good job at researching products...

greetz,
v.

p.s. regarding the AG2 mentioned above this post: sure it's a great price, no doubt. but with ram only being 256mb and internal storage 2gb (the latter one at least being expandable) and resistive screen (as compared to capacitive) you get what you pay for. still, very nice price and i'd like to see it in action to see smoothness/laggyness and speed during usage (256mb ram)!

Last edited by vercetti; 10-20-2010 at 04:39 PM.
vercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:07 PM   #19
Dvalin21
Zealot
Dvalin21 began at the beginning.

Device: VS Gtablet/Zenithink/GS II T-Mobile
upcoming android Tablet

Guys, try this one. Us distributor out of ATL, GA. He is expecting to be able to sell these android tablets next month. They also have a pretty cool windows base tablet. www.dreambeta.com

Also, found a US distributor that sells and write firmware updates for the Zenithink Z180. According to them, through there updates, its fully market compatible. www.zenithink.us
Dvalin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:48 AM   #20
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvalin21 View Post
According to them, through there updates, its fully market compatible.
Actually, all they do is describe how to obtain and use a bootleg ID for the Market. The methods they describe are already being used on other Android wanabe tablets, so there is nothing special about this one in that respect.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:19 AM   #21
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by vercetti View Post
i'm curious what convinces you that the archos 101 model is better than the notionink! ...

<snip>

... i just think it's weird that people don't do a good job at researching products...
Probably because the Archos 101 exists and will be in the shops in the next couple of weeks, while the Notion Ink Adam has been promised ever since the beginning of this year, and is always due "in the next couple of months".

If you review the posts on these boards you'll find that the Adam has been discussed in great detail, and much anticipated. However, the interest is waning as more and more time slips by.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #22
Dvalin21
Zealot
Dvalin21 began at the beginning.

Device: VS Gtablet/Zenithink/GS II T-Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Actually, all they do is describe how to obtain and use a bootleg ID for the Market. The methods they describe are already being used on other Android wanabe tablets, so there is nothing special about this one in that respect.
So your saying I probably should just wait and stick with www.dreambeta.com right?
Dvalin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #23
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So your saying I probably should just wait and stick with www.dreambeta.com right?
It's interesting that they quote the Elite screen size as 1024x600 yet the picture is of a 4x3 device...

Graham
Old 10-24-2010, 10:53 AM   #24
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Not necessarily, just caveat emptor concerning Android tablets that have to bootleg their way into the Market.
An Android 2.1 device needs to meet the follow specifications for valid entry into the Market:
http://static.googleusercontent.com/...id-2.1-cdd.pdf
Old 10-25-2010, 02:40 AM   #25
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Probably because the Archos 101 exists and will be in the shops in the next couple of weeks, while the Notion Ink Adam has been promised ever since the beginning of this year, and is always due "in the next couple of months".

If you review the posts on these boards you'll find that the Adam has been discussed in great detail, and much anticipated. However, the interest is waning as more and more time slips by.

Graham
And the videos of both the 101 and 70 don't look bad. Not having 2.2 on them sucks, but that's promised for November. I would like some indication that 2.3 isn't out of the realm of possibility.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #26
jamesd-ie
jamesd-ie began at the beginning.

Device: Archos A70
Archos 101 16Gb version now available from Archos website:

http://www.archos.com/store/psearch....id=archos101it

in Europe(checked for Ireland,UK & France).

Don't know if its available anywhere else online yet.
The 8GB version still says coming soon.

Edit: Too late they're sold out already

Last edited by jamesd-ie; 10-25-2010 at 02:34 PM.
jamesd-ie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #27
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Sucks for me.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:02 AM   #28
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
It's interesting that they quote the Elite screen size as 1024x600 yet the picture is of a 4x3 device...

Graham
Well the picture is a really obvious photoshop of an iPad. (on/off, screen lock and volume controls are in the same place, all they have done is make two more copies of the home button)
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #29
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Well the picture is a really obvious photoshop of an iPad. (on/off, screen lock and volume controls are in the same place, all they have done is make two more copies of the home button)
It sure looks like an old style Android home screen, and all the recognizable apps are Android apps?????????????????????
Old 10-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #30
Graham
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Exactly. I was suggesting (not particularly clearly!) that it might be a long time before we see this one...

I should have said 'a certain 4x3 device'.

Graham