Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
Blusaber
Enthusiast
Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505,JBL,Sony PRS350,Nook Color,Kindle 3
16e and B&N

Hi

I put 16e on today seeing the support for B&N, so Of course I had to try it out. I made B&N account and downloaded a free book. Jbl asked for my unlock code so I entered it. The book opened sooo now I bought a book I thought maybe Jbl would ask for the code again before opening the book but it didn't book opened properly. So I am pleased to have another source for books to this point I was just getting library books. It's nice to have an upgrade work as promised

Gary
Blusaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:07 AM   #2
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blusaber View Post
Hi

I put 16e on today seeing the support for B&N, so Of course I had to try it out. I made B&N account and downloaded a free book. Jbl asked for my unlock code so I entered it. The book opened sooo now I bought a book I thought maybe Jbl would ask for the code again before opening the book but it didn't book opened properly. So I am pleased to have another source for books to this point I was just getting library books. It's nice to have an upgrade work as promised

Gary
Did it have you type in your name with spaces or without?
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #3
Blusaber
Enthusiast
Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505,JBL,Sony PRS350,Nook Color,Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHARKAVY View Post
Did it have you type in your name with spaces or without?
Hi typed it in without spaces and caps on the first letter of the first and last name exactly like I did when signing up for the account.

Gary
Blusaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blusaber View Post
Hi

Gary
yes, JBL asks the name and credit card number for B&N books one time only.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:30 PM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
yes, JBL asks the name and credit card number for B&N books one time only.
The same as it does for Secure eReader (.pdb) DRM, all the books that use
the same unlock data (name&CC#) will open without you having to
re-enter the data.

Not sure how it will work across the two formats though.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 08-21-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
The same as it does for Secure eReader (.pdb) DRM, all the books that use
with the same unlock data (name&CC#) will open without you having to
re-enter the data.

Not sure how it will work across the two formats though.

Luck;
Ken
each is separate.
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
16e???? Wow, last I checked they still had 16b as beta. So, do I just install 16e to get pdf reflow and all these drm supports? Or do I have to install everything?

Sorry guys, I haven't been keeping up. Been spending all my free time dissecting the new augen gentouch78 tablet. I actually created a website dedicated to problems and fixes to make it more competitive to the ipad at a fraction of the price. It's actually the most comprehensive list of fixes for an android tablet on the net. Check it out if you want

http://augengentouch78.webs.com/

I've gotten to a point where everything works just great. The ereader apps are doing quite well with this. I've been carrying both my jbl and gentouch around. I guess they each serve their purpose.
jblitereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:22 PM   #8
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Welcome back LE;

The 0.16e firmware is what we have been waiting for, it really has an impact on the
value of the JBL. Just install it as you would any of the earlier updates and you are
good to go. But, you should use the USB cable to backup your JBL's internal user's
memory to a folder on one of your PC's hard drives. If you are using it a lot, you
might clean out a good chunk of space (at least 40MB or so) to ensure there will be
room for the added use of the internal memory that this upgrade imparts. It's a good
idea to have the backup anyway.

In fact after the 0.16e upgrade you should copy the ".adobe-digital-editions" folder
that the update writes to the internal user memory to your hard drive so that you can
have what you would need to make an SD card that ADE will see as your JBL. Also so
you have what you need to "restart" an ADE device association.

Personally, I am giving ADE a pass, as I am not looking to borrow library books, and I
remove all DRM from my purchases, anyway. I do like the way the Adobe Reader Mobile
handles .ePub and PDF, though. So you need not even install the ADE on your PC, if you
disinfect your purchases, and don't borrow library books.

[It might just be me, but if I wanted to make use of ADE I would be sure and remove the
.adobe-digital-editions folder, from the JBL's internal memory, and only let ADE mess with
an SD card it thinks is my JBL and never my actual JBL.]

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote