Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
hamidx5
hamidx5 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
I have a problem for registering my Kindle DX Graphite

Dear All,

Recently I bought a Kindle DX Graphite and update its firmware from 2.55 to 2.58. I live in a country without Whispernet coverage!
Here is my problem:
I want to register my Kindle DX Graphite and use its complete features such as Collections(I really need it).
I read lots of posts in many threads here and really get confused in How can i overcome my problem?
first I need a from scratch step by step and beginner help(I am totally a newbie) to register it.
Secondly I want to know is there anyway that I can change my Kindle DX Graphite beautiful screen saver.

Any helps appreciated.
hamidx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
JaylieG
K3 Addict
JaylieG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
You can register your kindle on Amazon.
Go to your account and then Manage my Kindle.
Click Register:
Enter the 16-digit serial number located on the first page of the Settings screen on your device. To view the Settings screen, press the Home button and then press the Menu button. Use the 5-way controller to underline "Settings" and press to select.

The only way to change the screensaver is to use a "hack". Don't know anything about it as I dont use it.
JaylieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
hamidx5
hamidx5 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylieG View Post
You can register your kindle on Amazon.
Go to your account and then Manage my Kindle.
Click Register:
Enter the 16-digit serial number located on the first page of the Settings screen on your device. To view the Settings screen, press the Home button and then press the Menu button. Use the 5-way controller to underline "Settings" and press to select.

The only way to change the screensaver is to use a "hack". Don't know anything about it as I dont use it.
Thanks for your help.You mean by following your suggested steps I'll have an activated kindle with full features such as collections. Am I right?

Last edited by hamidx5; 03-22-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: typo
hamidx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
It has been my understanding that you have to connect to Amazon at least once to activate the Collections feature (but maybe that's only for the Kindle 3). Don't know how they expect this to work in countries without 3G access, though. You could try contacting Amazon, and see if they have a workaround.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:41 AM   #5
Deja Moo
Enthusiast
Deja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipse

Device: PaperWhite
If you have access to a WiFi hotspot you can connect that way. If somebody knows how to do it without that, let us know; I have a devil of a time finding a 'spot I can connect to.
Deja Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 05:37 AM   #6
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Moo View Post
If you have access to a WiFi hotspot you can connect that way. If somebody knows how to do it without that, let us know; I have a devil of a time finding a 'spot I can connect to.
The KDX doesn't have wifi AFAIK. Mine doesn't.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:38 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Follow the instructions here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...istration+hack

But make sure you download and substitute the latest versions of the hacks from here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88004

**NOTE** installing the USBNetwork hack is not for the faint of heart. Search the Kindle Developer forum if/when you run into trouble. There's quite a bit there about the 'registration hack.'
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote