Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
Uneven Margins on Aura HD

Hey all, I just applied the patch and I just received the reader, so, I honestly don't remember if I was having this problem BEFORE applying the patch but, it seems that the right margin is ALOT closer to the right side of the reader than the left margin is to the left. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to fix this?
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
Hey all, I just applied the patch and I just received the reader, so, I honestly don't remember if I was having this problem BEFORE applying the patch but, it seems that the right margin is ALOT closer to the right side of the reader than the left margin is to the left. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to fix this?
I don't have this problem on either of my Kobos, but there are a couple of things, other than the device itself, which could cause this.

The epub you're looking at could have unequal left/right margins set in it's internal css. If you understand some css you can look for margin-left, margin-right and/or @page{margin-left: xx; margin-right:yy} settings. If you don't know any css then try opening more epubs to see if they also have unequal margins.

Did you also accidentally enable the Kobo patch named Margins fine tuning (the last one in the v07 kpg.conf file). If you did then your left margin is probably set to 10px more than the right margin
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
That was the problem. You nailed it (Margins fine tuning in the patch). Thanks a million
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
That was the problem. You nailed it (Margins fine tuning in the patch). Thanks a million
If you comment out the values for the left margin, everything will be fine again.

Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Margins fine tuning`
patch_enable = `yes`
# Initial replaces
replace_bytes = 848E86, 19 46, 00 21
replace_bytes = 848E88, 1A 46, 00 22
# Values for replace
# Left margin
# replace_int = 848E86, 0, 10
# Top margin
replace_int = 848E88, 0, 10