Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
Bronson Brice
Bronson Brice began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
A Curious Pricing Situation at Amazon

I have used only one suggested retail price (SRP) throughout all of my listings, promotions, profiles, etc.

Between my two separate listings on Amazon, my pricing has drifted into it's own personality, as such:

Kindle format
(1) listed at the SRP for Amazon Prime customers. No other prices.

Hard Copy
(1) listed at the SRP for Amazon Prime customers.
(2) One lower price, at 0.01 cent under price #1, including shipping.
(3) Same as SRP including shipping
(4) through (12) Starting from SRP plus $0.22 all the way up to SRP plus $28.09

This price expansion was subtle, confined to one or two vendors earlier, but, suddenly, is expanded across the board.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this price variation of this nature?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Bronson Brice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
No experience, but I've read about 3rd parties using automated pricing software, and when multiple 3rd party software is pricing against other software, reacting to each other's changes without human supervision, oddities can occur.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert