Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #1
ModeloEstandar
ModeloEstandar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
First message

Hi all, I'm a recent owner of PRS-505.
I bought it five days ago, and I'm being fighting with it, 'cause I have lot of pdfs and a couple of djvus .
Finally, the best way I found to manage my books was "Advanced PDF to IMAGE converter", a program that allows to convert my pdfs to images (surprisingly gif format provides a good quality and a size same as original). It adds a water mark that doesn't disturb me too much.
But I cannot save in my miniSD card.
I looked in the manual and found nothing about previous actions on the card to let PRS to read it.
With the application from Sony, I'm able to upload the images to the card, but they don't appear in the sumary of files (just the first 3 images appears in the index). No way to see my card (but the application "sees" it), am I skiping any step?
I know that this is an old question but, when a djvu-reader app. for 505 or some other multipage format (tiff)? I cannot imagine to read a book file by file, without bookmarks, and trying to remember which page I read the last time.
ModeloEstandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Try PDFLRF.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
First, ModeloEstandar welcome to MobileRead. Glad to have you here.

Second, the PDFLRF application igorsk mentioned above is the best that I have used for converting both PDF and DJVU files for use on the Sony. (It also works on CBR, Comic Book archives.)

Third, it does seem odd that only a few of the files are being seen by the Sony. I can offer no additional solutions at the moment other than to try the internal memory of the Sony and see if they are seen. (Sorry about that turn of phrase.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:45 PM   #4
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Welcome! Good luck with your reader and I hope you have time to come back and share some more of your thoughts/experiences.
spooky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:08 AM   #5
ModeloEstandar

Impressed

Well, what to say, from a >10Mb pure image pdf file I got a <3Mb BBeb book.
I had a look yesterday but I thought that lrf format wasn't valid for image files. I cannot imagine a better tool for my ebooks than this, so perhaps a sticked post with the best tools for PRS500-505 could be the easiest way, avoiding repetitive posts.
About minSD card, I will try with another card and I'll tell.
Advert
Old 05-11-2008, 03:48 AM   #6
ModeloEstandar

SD Card

Ok, everything fixed. I supposed my card was SD but it was indeed MMC. PRS can act as a bridge and store the ebooks properly, but only when connected via USB. After unplugging from PC, card was completelly invisible for PRS. I checked and tried with a real SD card and all the files (ebooks and images) were included in the list of available files.