Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
IowaGuy
IowaGuy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Sony Store...AAAHHHH

I bought The Gunslinger and it says its supposed to be 333 pages and on the reader and on the library it only comes up with 178 but it goes all the way to chapter 5 and all the way to end notes from the author....so did I get the entire book? I am very confused and wondering if something with the settings on my computer and reader are just messed up making it seem like a shorter book!

Please
IowaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Depends on the format and sometimes the font size. In other words it can change...

is it an epub book ?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
IowaGuy

it is epub yeah!
Old 12-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I see on Kobo that it has 5 chapters so I'm thinking you got the whole thing. I don't ever count much on the page totals to match. They usually don't change in epub but they do in LRX (the former sony format).

I just downloaded The Year of the Flood in epub FINALLY!

it says 488 pages on the site, but is 427 on my reader.

You might try downloading it again just to be sure.

Last edited by kennyc; 12-23-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:09 PM   #5
IowaGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I see on Kobo that it has 5 chapters so I'm thinking you got the whole thing. I don't ever count much on the page totals to match. They usually don't change in epub but they do in LRX (the former sony format).

I just downloaded The Year of the Flood in epub FINALLY!

it says 488 pages on the site, but is 427 on my reader.

You might try downloading it again just to be sure.

This makes me feel better. I re downloaded it like a million times! But I do have 5 chapters! I was just a bit concerned that it said 333 and i was short about 140 of those lol!

Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 05:27 PM   #6
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaGuy View Post
This makes me feel better. I re downloaded it like a million times! But I do have 5 chapters! I was just a bit concerned that it said 333 and i was short about 140 of those lol!

That's a significant difference in page count, but certainly it could have to do with the formatting. I thing the pages listing sometimes come from the Print book.

You could always shoot Sony and email and see what they say.

Enjoy!
Old 12-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #7
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
You could always shoot Sony and email and see what they say.
Slight over-reaction, don't you think?
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Yes, The Gunslinger is 5 chapters.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #9
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Slight over-reaction, don't you think?
Well it WAS The Gunslinger.