Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
rscudder
gadget freak
rscudder began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre touch, Augen 'The Book'
Published Review on Aluratek Libre

I've just had a review of the Aluratek published on the digital magazine Bright Hub. http://www.brighthub.com/electronics...ews/80043.aspx

I think it is pretty comprehensive, and I gave it a thumbs up overall, but any comments on it, or features I left out and should have covered would be appreciated. You can leave comments on the site, or here

Rebecca
rscudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
Hi Rebecca, I've had a somewhat less positve experience with my Libre Pro.

First, mine came without an SD card. When I wrote customer support about it they said, in effect, "oh, well, the ones from xxx come without cards, our literature was incorrect. Oh well, too bad, SD cards are cheap, anyway." It's not as if I even got one of those $99 deals either.

Second, I've had non-stop issues with mine freezing and having to be reset, mostly after plugging it into my computer and trying to transfer files.

Most recently I've had trouble with my computer even seeing the device and/or the SD card (when it's in the Libre). Again, CS seems to think it's my fault, that after more than 8 weeks of owning and using the reader I am all of a sudden doing it wrong.

That's my 2 cents.
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
rscudder
gadget freak
rscudder began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre touch, Augen 'The Book'
having issues with your Aluratek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezebel View Post
Hi Rebecca, I've had a somewhat less positve experience with my Libre Pro.

First, mine came without an SD card. When I wrote customer support about it they said, in effect, "oh, well, the ones from xxx come without cards, our literature was incorrect. Oh well, too bad, SD cards are cheap, anyway." It's not as if I even got one of those $99 deals either.

Second, I've had non-stop issues with mine freezing and having to be reset, mostly after plugging it into my computer and trying to transfer files.

Most recently I've had trouble with my computer even seeing the device and/or the SD card (when it's in the Libre). Again, CS seems to think it's my fault, that after more than 8 weeks of owning and using the reader I am all of a sudden doing it wrong.

That's my 2 cents.
Thanks for the information. It actually would be great if you could comment that on the article- the site really values user feedback from readers, and I'll make sure the comment is moderated.

Rebecca
rscudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:55 PM   #4
PodPeople
Connoisseur
PodPeople doesn't litterPodPeople doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad 3, Kindle 4B
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezebel View Post

I use an SD card reader to load my books and I've had zero problems. You might try using a card reader instead of connecting the Libre to your computer via USB cable.
PodPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodPeople View Post
I use an SD card reader to load my books and I've had zero problems. You might try using a card reader instead of connecting the Libre to your computer via USB cable.
I do that for some books, but I think I need to connect the device itself for ADE/Overdrive books from the library...(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscudder
Thanks for the information. It actually would be great if you could comment that on the article-
Done.

Last edited by jezebel; 08-07-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Advert
Old 08-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You could try adding the ".adobe-digital-editions" folder, with the "device.xml" file, to
the root of your SD card and see if ADE will accept it as your device.

I don't have a Libre, but the folder should be in the root of your internal memory.
To access that you will need to use your USB cable. After that is done, you should be
able to add ADE books directly to the SD card, and not need the USB cable for that.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:05 AM   #7
jezebel
Fanatic

thanks Ken. I looked, but I couldn't find it. Also, I've noticed that the settings folders seem to be inaccessible via my computer, anyway.

Tags
aluratek libre review