View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
Tanga
Zealot
Tanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 3
What Hacks Do You Have Installed?

Hi,

I think I'm getting close to having my Kindle set up the way I want. But I'm always looking for new inspiration. I thought it was set up right and then I discovered Lauchpad - and the Mediaplayer, and Dictaphone, and...

My Setup

0.6N Jailbreak
SS and Font hack - I haven't really utilised the font hack yet, but I've installed some fantasy screensavers which I then stamped. The first stand alone program I'm running is KIF. An awesome interactive fiction machine.

For a while I was happy with just the above. Then I saw the MPlayer hack and Launchpad. I've installed all the ini scripts on the launchpad page (the 'rotate screen' add-on is the most useful. Although the dictaphone add-on is a close second. I also might have *ahem* fibbed about my location to get Notepad (not a hack but useful).

I can't talk up the readability mod enough for those who read stories online. It opens all chapters up on the one, well formatted, page.

On my computer I have Calibre for organising my (non-amazon) ebooks and putting them on the Kindle. I use Mangle for converting comics for the Kindle (for Linux users you are much better off using the windows mangle under wine).

I am using a Kindle 3 wifi. I have it tethered to my android phone because internet seems to be faster (it's certainly not slower), and android can do ad-hoc networks like the one at Uni.

So, what hacks do you guys use / recommend?

EDIT: Tonight I added the FreeDownload hack too. I can now download books (including epubs, txt docs, etc), music files (including ogg) and KIF game files to their respective directories and use them straight away. Sweeeeeeeet!

Last edited by Tanga; 03-26-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Tanga is offline   Reply With Quote