View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 07:34 AM   #8
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by denydias View Post
As you have managed to go up to KUAL step, I would advise that you go just a little further to install USBNetwork (as an insurance) and at last dsmid's BackDoorLock hack to enable the backdoor lock so Amazon won't force an unattended firmware upgrade to your 5.4.2 PW2, the kind that you can't choose when to install or not. This might keep your CM working longer as you wish.
I too have recently JB my PW2 as well as set up CM (yea!). I saw this post about 'insurance', but have been unable to find exactly what the USB network tool does. I understand the backdoorlock tool preventing automatic updates being installed, but what does this other USB tool do? I downloaded it and read the instructions, which stated if you don't know what this is you probably shouldn't install it. Not a lot of help there. *sigh*
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote