View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 10:28 AM   #9
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I am very happy with the note-taking and dictionary functionality on my Kindle. I find it really easy to use.

I'm trying to improve my German vocabulary through reading and it's a great help to have quick lookup of words within a book. There are issues with dictionaries with input languages that are not English though, i.e. German-English or Frensch-English, but they're not necessarily insurmountable: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60103

The biggest downside to the Kindle IMO is that it can 1) only read mobi or prc files natively, and 2) only use DRM'd books from Amazon - and Amazon is not necessarily the cheapest anymore. Unless you are prepared to de-DRM, and perhaps convert, books you buy in other shops, the Kindle may limit you.

I don't have the Sony 600 (the Touch) but I think it also has note-taking functionality, but I don't know how well it works. It has a dictionary, but I think it's only English-English.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote