View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarknmi View Post
Hi Tsering,
I've Kobo glo and I'm trying to read hindi on kobo glo. I tried a few hindi fonts like "DroidHindi", "Annapurna" etc but without success. Can u please suggest me how can I enable my Kobo glo to read Hindi? Thanks in advance.
You might want to take a look at the Summary of Modified Fonts sticky ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204363 ) which does a pretty decent job of covering how to add the fonts. I'd recommend reading at least the first message and it's spoilers.

Having suggested that and going by memory, a couple of points:

The fonts go into a directory in the root of the Kobo's internal storage. The directory name must be fonts (all lower case).

The font file name must match the internal font name -- if you are using Windows, you can use Windows Font Viewer and use the name displayed as the font name. As an example,the only time I looked at the DroidHindi font, the font name was actually HelveM_Hindi. So you'd have to rename the font file from DroidHindi.ttf to HelveM_Hindi.ttf. As DroidHindi has no variants, you don't need to worry about -Bold, -Italic, -whatever in the file name. Copy that file into the fonts directory, power cycle your Kobo ereader and select the font from the Aa menu.

Happy reading!

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote