I just received my brand new Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.1 and it took me quite a long time to figure out how to actually install the newest Duokan 7.4, released end of 2012.
I will sum it up to make it easier for you, just in case anybody else is struggling with the installation.
1. Install the jailbreak for Kindle Paperwhite:
How it is done is described in the readme.txt
I tried at least 25 times to press the left upper corner of the screen until the touchscreen recognized the input in jailbreak.mobi so be patient.
2. Download Duokan and unzip the files
3. Copy DK_System to the root directory of the Kindle
4. Copy MOBI8_DEBUG from the "KindlePaperwhite_¦¦Î¦À¿" folder to the root directory
5. Copy Duokan.mobi from the same folder to the /documents folder on your Kindle
6. Disconnect USB cable
7. Open Duokan.mobi in your Kindle
8. Press Install - Duokan starts booting and Kindle will restart. I had to repeat this step twice until my Kindle finally booted fully into Duokan.
9. Change language to English or whatever language you prefer. Instructions (Scroll down and see the pictures): http://duokanhun.blogspot.com.au/201...aba-razva.html
Enjoy Duokan on your Kindle Paperwhite