View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 07:19 PM   #73
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
As a matter of interest relating to selling, do you have any idea how many copies of The Crystal Button have actually been downloaded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Hmm...A buck a book with virtually no overhead isn't enough...Gotta be $10...

Just how much marketing does the publisher do on backlist e-books? That would be an extra expense.

So you give me a breakdown of the publishers costs for e-books...

You see, bookscanners for P.G. (like me) know how long it takes to scan and proof a book. If you want a sample of it look for The Crystal Button (1890) here on this website. I scanned and proofed it completely. (Crutledge did the fancy e-book honors), total work time about 40 hours - including a triple proof of the text. Try to find a typo. Even at my profession day rate, that's under $2K. And it's a one time shot.

And there's almost nothing else. So what's the big costs involved? Explain to me...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote