Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-13-2008, 01:27 AM   #1
smariner
smariner began at the beginning.

Device: TBD
Live CashBack on eBay items = good deals on eBook readers

Just in case you aren't aware -- Live.com is offering 25% cashback on BuyItNow purchases via eBay. This can get you some great deals on eBook readers (and other items). I just got a Kindle for about $255, after the cashback offer.

Click on the eBay.com at the top of the page at http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=ps3&form=QBRE and proceed (fine print is at http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/...ml?_trksid=m38 )

Please note that this offer may expire anytime.
smariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So in order to ger this 25%, you have to have purchased enough stuff from Microsoft to qualify? Seems like a rip-off to me.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2008, 07:59 PM   #3
smariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So in order to ger this 25%, you have to have purchased enough stuff from Microsoft to qualify? Seems like a rip-off to me.
That's not true. Microsoft Live Search will give you cashback on any BuyItNow item purchased via eBay -- no minimum spend required (max cashback can't exceed $200 per transaction; only 6 such transactions per eBay account; pls make sure that the cashback amount shows up on the screen before making the purchase).

BTW, starting yesterday, they have changed the cashback amount to 15% -- they seem to be varying the cashback account between 10-35% over the past month or so.

I think this is one of the best deals, if you are looking to buy something from eBay.

Last edited by smariner; 08-16-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:03 PM   #4
smariner

BTW, Microsoft Live is offering hefty CashBack's on purchases from numerous other stores also -- check out http://search.live.com/cashback/stor...iscount&d=desc for the list of stores

As an example, click on http://search.live.com/cashback/prod...rs-505&form=CM to look for stores selling Sony Reader & related accessories that are eligible for a CashBack.

Last edited by smariner; 08-17-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #5
spanky
spanky began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise
Sounds confusing but a good deal if you figure it out.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2008, 10:51 PM   #6
smariner

Actually, it was very simple when I completed a transaction. Let me know if you have any specific questions & I'm happy to help.