Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
emmad
Enthusiast
emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle WiFi
Uploading books from Calibre to Kindle

Hi all

I'm a newbie K3 owner (just arrived last night)

I had left my usb stick with the calibre library at work so now at work with the Kindle and inbetween work stuff attempting to load my library lol.

Have uploaded all the books according to Calibre but they are not showing on the Kindle.
I can see them in the file structure via my pc but not on the Kindle itself.

Any ideas?
emmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmad View Post
Hi all

I'm a newbie K3 owner (just arrived last night)

I had left my usb stick with the calibre library at work so now at work with the Kindle and inbetween work stuff attempting to load my library lol.

Have uploaded all the books according to Calibre but they are not showing on the Kindle.
I can see them in the file structure via my pc but not on the Kindle itself.

Any ideas?
Are the books in the documents folder on the Kindle drive? Just putting books onto "External drive F" or whatever your Kindle shows up as won't make them able to be read. Books MUST be in the documents folder on the Kindle.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
emmad
Enthusiast
emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle WiFi
so Calibre doesn't put them there automatically?
I'll go see what I can do
emmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:52 PM   #4
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmad View Post
so Calibre doesn't put them there automatically?
Yes, calibre will automatically put your books in the documents folder on the Kindle. In fact, it also creates folders for your authors and then puts the books into the appropriate author folders.

Are you using the "Send to device" button in calibre? Once it sends the books you can change from the Library button to the Reader button and there will be a check mark next to any book that is both in your calibre library and on the Kindle.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote