Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
my library in a html file

Hello,
when I try to open the "MyBooks" folder in my boox, it last more or less 2.30 minutes to open it, maybe because i have about 4000 files in it.
so i thought that i could create an html file with links to all my books. in this way everytime i have to search for a book i could open my html file and not use the link to open the book i need.
but now there is my problem: is there any software that could create such a list automatically?
otherwise, adding 4000 links to an html file.. well it doesn't worth...

thanks!

Best regards
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Hello Brandobras,
As an alternative, why not use a structure with subfolders?
Instead of, say, MyBooks\HarryPotter1.epub you could get something like:
R\Rowling\HarryPotter1.epub
Or even more levels, eg: R\Ro\Rowling\HarryPotter1.epub
(Yes, I know you cannot have this book on your reader, it's just an example.)
I have a structure like that for my >10,000 books, and find that a lot easier.
And the good thing is, you can let Calibre do most of the work if you specify a template in Preferences > Add/Save > Saving Books (or Send to device).
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

I had something so, before but i changed it because in that case, that when i searched a book with the correspondent Boox function it lasted a lot of time to find it (this is because of the need to look in subdirectories, I think) and now the search results are nearly immediate. Now the problem is the time the boox needs to open the directory..
Old 08-13-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
This shell script will do that, supposing you have a sufficiently modern shell (like bash). Even on Windows you can get bash.

Code:
#! /bin/sh
# Make an HTML file pointing to all epub files in the current directory

cat > list.html <<EOF
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 4.01 Strict//EN"  
  "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>
 <head>
<title>My Ebooks</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>My Ebooks</h1>
EOF

for book in *.epub
do echo "<p><a href=\"$book\">${book%.epub}</a></p>" >> list.html
done

cat >> list.html <<EOF
</body>
</html>
EOF
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:07 AM   #5
Brandobras
Zealot

Hello,
thanks for your help.

I could generate the html file, but i couldn't open any ebooks from the correspondent link.
When i click on the link, the boox starts thinking and nothing happens. No error message's shown either.
if i plug the sd in the pc, i can open then without problems.

any clues?

thanks!
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 10:21 PM   #6
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Maybe that is because the directory is so large and it takes a long time to find the book. I have tried it with a small directory and it works. It shows a bit silly as the Boox says: `Do you want to open the downloaded file?' and then `Do you want to close the Wifi?' although I don't have Wifi on. Apparently it thinks you are downloading from a website. In a certain sense that is understandable. It then opens the file. I wonder, however if it has made a secret copy somewhere.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:20 AM   #7
Brandobras
Zealot

well, the question about the wifi is "normal". I've noticed that every time you close the browser, the boox asks if you want to close the wifi, even if the wifi is already turned off.

I'll try again..

best regards
Old 08-20-2010, 02:45 AM   #8
pietvo
Reader

I checked and copies were made of the books I clicked in the download folder on my SD card.