well69 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
thank you!
well69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:25 PM   #332
kuro2
kuro2 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Pity... My Kindle is not registered and I don't want register. I thought that this app is finally solution to how to activate using collections, but it's not. A can see created collections but they are empty and menu items in Kindle like "add to collection", "create new collection" are greyed out.

Anyone know way how to activate using collections without whispernet?

thanks

Edit:
I just noticed that Kindle Collection Manager is not working on Kindle 3, fw 3.1, I tried create collection by other registered Kindle and then by KCM 0.4.1 and the long number to identify book in collections.json have different format. Hopefully author will fix it soon.

Last edited by kuro2; 03-09-2011 at 02:07 PM.
kuro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2011, 08:36 AM   #333
absolutscharf
absolutscharf began at the beginning.

Device: K3.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuro2 View Post
Pity...
I just noticed that Kindle Collection Manager is not working on Kindle 3, fw 3.1, I tried create collection by other registered Kindle and then by KCM 0.4.1 and the long number to identify book in collections.json have different format. Hopefully author will fix it soon.
Same here. With fw 3.1, Books already in collections show up on the right hand side all having the same title (of the first book in the collection, it seems), and the only changes that KCM seems to be able to sync back is the creation of new collections. Any other changes made don't transfer back.
absolutscharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:28 AM   #334
HBH_AU
Enthusiast
HBH_AU began at the beginning.

Device: KV
Alli, I'm not sure but I think I may have the same problem - not computer savvy enough to follow everything you did. But this is what I did:

1. Organised my ebooks within my Kindle Documents folder into various subfolders
2. Then took advantage of right mouse clicking on each folder to 'Create Collection from Folder'
3. Made a stack of collections
4. Renamed those collections I wished to appear first on the home list by adding a * in front of their names e.g. *Gothic
5. Comitted changes to Kindle
6. Hit eject and close
7. Unplugged Kindle from PC
8. Did a hard restart

I'm seriously bummed because although the Collections names now appear on my Kindle, many (not all) are empty - even though when I then run KCM it shows the books being in the collections. I can't determine any reason why some seem to have been successful and some have not Can you make too many collections at a time? I made about 30 collections, with a couple hundred books, then let the Kindle alone until all re-indexing had finished.

A second issue is that the collections that I renamed with the * prefix (in order to force listing of collections on my Kindle) hasn't worked. They just appear in alphabetical order.

So where have I gone wrong? I don't understand computer speak (that's prob where I've gone wrong just want to organise my books into less that a bajillion pages.

Adrian, if you ware out there in cyberspace - thank you so much for developing this software, it's so needed! Now this gumbee just needs a hand figuring out how to work it.

Alli - based on your previous post... do I need to go back into my Kindle Docs folder and take everything OUT of the subfolder & just have them back in a good old long list for my approach to work? Not sure if that's what your last post meant.

Thanks to anyone out there who can shed some light on this...

H
HBH_AU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #335
chyron8472
Groupie
chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5, Amazon Fire 5th Gen, Moto Z Play Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuro2 View Post
Pity... My Kindle is not registered and I don't want register.
Why not?
chyron8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #336
chyron8472
Groupie
chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5, Amazon Fire 5th Gen, Moto Z Play Droid
It's not moving all of my books. Only some of them are being put into collections.

What do I do about this?
chyron8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:49 PM   #337
wiiNinja
wiiNinja began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
I am having the same problem as recent the posters (chyron8472, HBH_AU). I've already organized my document folder on the Kindle to contain folders with the collection names:

document -
- Crimes
- Fantasy
- Science-Fiction
- Technical

I've tried using KCM to create collections in different ways:

1) Drag and drop the folder names from the left side to the right side
2) Right-click the folder on the right side and select "Create collection from folder"
3) Create collections on the right side and drag/drop the files into them

Each try will yield only correct results on the KCM interface. After a commit and a hard reset (15 sec on the ON position), the Kindle always shows some empty collections and some collections with missing books. When I re-connect the Kindle to the PC, the KCM interface always shows the correct results on the right side.

My Kindle:
FW v3.1
JB v0.4 from YifanLu
ScreenSaver Hack v0.20

Hoping and waiting for a solution.

Last edited by wiiNinja; 03-14-2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Add more info about the Kindle
wiiNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:52 AM   #338
HBH_AU
Enthusiast
HBH_AU began at the beginning.

Device: KV
Folks, from what I've been able to glean from a re-read of these forums - it appears that those of us with Kindle FW v3.1 are having the same sort of problems i.e. collections appearing to be all good on the KCM, but not on the Kindle itself.

Adrian, I hope hope hope you are out there in cyberspace working on the next iteration of KCM... Pleeeeeeeeeze Just want you to know how much we appreciate you developing this product

Lots of eager beta testers here awaiting the next update

cheers,
HBH
HBH_AU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:22 PM   #339
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBH_AU View Post
Folks, from what I've been able to glean from a re-read of these forums - it appears that those of us with Kindle FW v3.1 are having the same sort of problems i.e. collections appearing to be all good on the KCM, but not on the Kindle itself.

Adrian, I hope hope hope you are out there in cyberspace working on the next iteration of KCM... Pleeeeeeeeeze Just want you to know how much we appreciate you developing this product

Lots of eager beta testers here awaiting the next update

cheers,
HBH
He hasn't been around for a while. For anyone interested that uses Calibre, there is a new plug-in that manages your Collections within Calibre, that's right, within Calibre. Been using it now for three days and it is AWESOME.

Go to the Calibre thread - look under plug-ins and look for Kindle Collections. Just an FYI
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #340
wiiNinja
wiiNinja began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
He hasn't been around for a while. For anyone interested that uses Calibre, there is a new plug-in that manages your Collections within Calibre, that's right, within Calibre. Been using it now for three days and it is AWESOME.

Go to the Calibre thread - look under plug-ins and look for Kindle Collections. Just an FYI
chilady,

Thanks for the pointer. I think this is the link you're talking about:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118635

I tried it and with that plugin installed, Calibre hangs when I tried to view the collections on my device. To be honest, that solution seems to be too much for what I want to do: to be able to find a certain book easily in the Kindle.

This solution is simple and is exactly what I need. I'd take any solution that works at this point, but given a choice, I'd chose this one. I wish that Adrian would continue his support or open up the source so that others may be able to continue his work.
wiiNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:29 AM   #341
KRorschachZ
Update
KRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litter

Device: kindle DX graphite, we need update/firmware with optios PDF Kindle 3
looks good.

Can I manage the files to indicate in audiobook category?

Quote:
hi.

On this program i can not see "directory" AUDIObooks.

(It is interesting to put these files in the collections of kindleabra, "someone can tell the programmer to allow see that folder?

should not be complicated, because if we see the pictures folder.

bye, and thanks.

pd: "Audible" (name of directory, similar "picture" o "documents")

OKis ¿?

These audio books, they often have multiple files, and it is interesting to remove this from the main menu ...
KRorschachZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #342
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiNinja View Post
chilady,

Thanks for the pointer. I think this is the link you're talking about:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118635

I tried it and with that plugin installed, Calibre hangs when I tried to view the collections on my device. To be honest, that solution seems to be too much for what I want to do: to be able to find a certain book easily in the Kindle.

This solution is simple and is exactly what I need. I'd take any solution that works at this point, but given a choice, I'd chose this one. I wish that Adrian would continue his support or open up the source so that others may be able to continue his work.
wiiNinja,

You say the Kindle Collections plugin caused Calibre to hang? Can you test it again with the latest plugin version from the thread and Calibre 0.7.49 and post your results in the plugin's thread (don't want to clutter up this thread). It may or may not be the right solution for you, but I'd like to follow this up to identify and fix any issues.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #343
rahul.pandit
rahul.pandit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Try restart from Kindle menu

I was seeing my changes in KCM but not in Kindle itself, even though i ejected it and then pushed the power button for 15 secs. However on connecting to KCM again, it showed the correct changes. I then tried doing restart from Kindle menu option and then the KCM changes showed up.
Hope this helps others.
rahul.pandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #344
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
It looks like a good little program for organizing books on the kindle directly. I use Calibre mostly for converting ebooks to mobipocket format myself.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #345
KRorschachZ
Update
KRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litter

Device: kindle DX graphite, we need update/firmware with optios PDF Kindle 3
crash kindleabra:

program said me: wait to load files...

but neves finish.

KDx g 500 Mb free, doukan install and 900 files total.

i can not see files and collections on windows program...

¿?
KRorschachZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collection manager, collections, kindle, kindle 2, kindle 3, kindle dx, manager