Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you finish reading every book you start reading?
Yes. I finish a book no matter what. 38 20.99%
No. I'll leave a book unfinished. 139 76.80%
Go away. 4 2.21%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #76
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
My time's too valuable to waste on leisure books I'm not enjoying. I still feel guilty every time I delete a half-read book from my Sony, but I'm getting better at doing it instead of letting it sit there for months.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #77
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
It is very very rare for me not to finish a book. I have quit on a couple I am sure but usually if I start it I finish it. (It might even be almost an obsesive/compulsive thing.) After reading thispost I look through my books and found a few I had bought and never read/started, but only two I had started but couldn't finish.
I have quite a few ebooks I haven't read even though I have downloaded them, most of them are freebies too.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #78
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
In the "olden days" I always finished books I started, no matter what. But the last 10 years I've been more critical in wasting my time with bad or boring books. For that I can thank Danielle Steel. I bougt "The Ghost" (10 years ago), thought (by the back cover) that it would be an interesting ghost story. Then it turned out to be some romantic crap about an elderly man wanting back his cheating wife. (Although it was clear through the book that a cheating husband is always a pig, whereas a cheating wife is always ok).
Well, I threw the book into the walls a couple of times, but thinking of the NOK 149,- (US$ ~30) I'd spent, I finished all the 432 pages. Whereafter I *burned* the book. After that, I am *very* reluctant to "impulse buy" books by female authors, authoring "bestselling ghost stories".
J.K Rowling being the exception
Anyways, as others here, I may stop reading and then pick ut the book after a few months, finishing them.
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote