Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
cbaehr
Enthusiast
cbaehr began at the beginning.

Device: mac, kindle
Report From The Heart: Mommy isn't happy. Should she stay? Should she go?

A book whose aim is so perfect it's a bulls eye to the heart."
San Francisco Examiner & Chronicle

This is not a novel or a fictionalized account of an existing situation. It is the existing situation. The children exist. The husband exists. The narrator exists. She is a wife and mother and this is a moment to moment account of what goes on in her head and in her heart on a very ordinary day.

It goes to the heart of what every woman fears and asks herself about marriage, children and life. "How do you feel this morning? Did you have a good sleep? Did you get the work you wanted? Are you glad to come home at night? Do you like the children. If you didn't have children would you think it was better to have them or not? What about the baby's face? Do you think it's beautiful? Do you think I'm beautiful. How are your Eggs Ranchero? Too much pepper? Oh, I forgot you don't like pepper.
Are you mad because I didn't get your shirts from the cleaner?
Are you mad because I bought the cheap birdseed and the birds aren't eating it? Are you mad because I don't like birds? Why don't you ever get mad? Why do the children always get hurt when you watch them? Why do they always lose their mittens?

Constructed around one day in her life, this book is about the pleasures, irritations, and occasional rage of having children, about the anxieties of sex, about the compromises of other women, about the awesome possibility that when all is said and done and the day is ended, this may be, after all, "the love story of the century."

"If I hadn't married I would have spent the rest of my life looking for someone to marry. And if I hadn't had children, I would have made the begetting of a child, by one means or another, my life's work. There was no other way for my generation and it's ridiculous to speculate that my life could have turned out any other way."

A very personal account that goes right to the heart of what every woman thinks, fears and asks herself about marriage, children and life itself.

Amazon.com; Smashwords
Read an excerpt: http://www.kindleboards.com/book/?asin=B0040JI3YW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reportfromtheheartforsmashwords.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	798.5 KB
ID:	60674  

Last edited by cbaehr; 11-06-2010 at 04:10 PM. Reason: wrong info
cbaehr is offline   Reply With Quote