Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #31
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
No problem, feel free to take it over. I'll remove it from here once that's done .

Yeah, didn't really think about the 'no number keys' issue... ^^. IMHO, yeah, let's avoid the SHIFT+ALT+top row of letter. I'm not even sure if that won't trigger some of the official ALT+Letter hotkeys (if there are any)?

Yeah, browser & usbnet seems like a good idea. Right now, nothing else springs to my mind... .

Just don't forget to update the install script with the md5 checksums of the default bundled hotkeys script .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:19 AM   #32
Hrant
Polymath in training
Hrant began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2 (Global)
Hotkeys for screen orientation please!

hhp
Hrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #33
isotherm
Connoisseur
isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 2
What hotkeys would you suggest for screen orientation? There would need to be a different one for each orientation?
isotherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:39 PM   #34
Hrant
Polymath in training
Hrant began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2 (Global)
To save keys I guess have one key to toggle portrait/landscape (the more important one) and one to toggle "left"/"right" (less useful). Since -unlike something like Copy or Undo- these are not actions that have standard precedents in terms of key assignments, maybe choose seldom-used ones, like "J" and "K".
Hrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:22 PM   #35
isotherm
Connoisseur
isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 2
In light of the discovery of ~exec on the Kindle 3, it looks like I will need to make a package for that too. I think it is pretty easy though: once the user has copied the files to storage, something like ~exec /mnt/us/hotkeys/install.sh
isotherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 09:16 PM   #36
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Here goes!

(Untested, but hopefully I didn't mess anything up ;p).
Thank you for this great effort.
But still not work with my Kindle DX, even after I reset it !
meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:35 AM   #37
troyme
Enthusiast
troyme began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx US
able to run shell command like ls or user's scripts ???
troyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #38
otichy
Connoisseur
otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: KPW
(sorry wrong thread)
otichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:07 PM   #39
hornpipe2
hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Six year thread bump!

Okay, I have my old dusty Kindle2 and the 5way is broken. I've installed the hotkeys script, rigged Alt+W, A, S, D, and Enter to Up, Left, Down, Right, Select via custom .sh scripts.

These work great if I get into a menu, but the home screen doesn't seem to do the proper thing. I'm having a hell of a time selecting books.

Anyone have any tips on how to get this to work?
hornpipe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:52 AM   #40
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Nothing that would be of much help.
But you can always install only one book at a time.

That should simplify the selection of which book to read.
And if it was War and Peace, the solution might outlast the K2.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:05 PM   #41
hornpipe2
hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Nothing that would be of much help.
But you can always install only one book at a time.

That should simplify the selection of which book to read.
And if it was War and Peace, the solution might outlast the K2.
Haha. The battery is certainly on its last legs. I may open it up again and see if I can disassemble the joystick to get it working.

May be time to finally upgrade to something nice, like a Voyage...
hornpipe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #42
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornpipe2 View Post
Haha. The battery is certainly on its last legs. I may open it up again and see if I can disassemble the joystick to get it working.

May be time to finally upgrade to something nice, like a Voyage...
The PW-3 is on-sale now at a very reasonable price (about 1/2 that of the Voyage).

The only thing 'Voyage' that it lacks are the hyptic frame buttons and the ambiant front light control.

And you should not wait too long to decide -
The most likely reason for the sale is to get rid of all the fw-5.6.5 (or earlier) versions in stock.
(5.6.5 is the only one you can jailbreak without opening it up)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote