Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-21-2007, 12:07 PM   #16
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
...the case was now back to being more like a slab of granite instead of the limp "loose stack of paper" feel it had before.
But .. that made it feel more like a paper book! It was a featuuurrrrre!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:48 AM   #17
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Hello, I had abandoned the iliad for some months, and now I have updated it to lend to a friend I have found the "5 pages jump" problem. I infer it is a hardware problem, isn't it? I will try both workarounds (extra torque, or changing flip direction)
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2007, 09:39 AM   #18
rai
Enthusiast
rai began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onxy Boox M92
I have a similar problem in 2.11.

The page flipper has suddenly started behaving strangely: it randomly flips forward at least 5 pages but sometimes as much as 20 or more pages (all that on short press). The pages than become all-messed up and the page number from which I started changes (for example, I started on page 90, it flipped to page 105, but when I try go back to page 90, that's not the page that was originally page 90).

Also (I don't know if this is related, but it may be) the total number of pages is wrong. For example, it says that book has 280 pages. Then I go to page 280, and it turns there is one more page. After this one, there is one more, and so it goes for more 50-100 pages (all the time I can see that there is only one page left, which is obviously incorrect).

So, is it a consensus that this is hardware problem? Has anybody had if fixed by iRex?
rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:10 PM   #19
mocelet
Connoisseur
mocelet began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad / Palm Vx / Nokia E65
On the page number problem, I see this on Mobipocket books all the time on the iLiad, see http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=1887 for details of my tests. Matthijs said that he would look into it...
mocelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:22 PM   #20
rai
Enthusiast
rai began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onxy Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocelet View Post
On the page number problem, I see this on Mobipocket books all the time on the iLiad, see http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=1887 for details of my tests. Matthijs said that he would look into it...

For me, this happens with txt and pdf files so I'd say it's a iLiad problem.
rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2007, 08:10 AM   #21
msolcia
msolcia began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Same problem explained (flipbar skipping ahread 5 pages and Mobipocket incorrect page counting). I have the v2.11.

I have noticed that the problem is more frequent with large PDF. It seems a software problem but my Iliad has v2.11 since the day of the release, and the problem only occurred a week ago. I'm not sure.

It may be due to some file fragmentation in the memory? But it's a memory, not an hard disk!!
msolcia is offline   Reply With Quote