Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 10:40 PM   #1
tjkolev
tjkolev began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Library not updating

Greetings,

I am a new owner of nook and fresh user of Calibre. My first problem is that the library is not being updated. I have 5 epub-s on the nook. Those are displayed under the device. Hit 'Save to Disk'. Files get copied into the intended directory on the computer, but the library list in Calibre is empty. No item under the nook list gets the 'In Library' check mark. What has not been done right?

The above is after I deleted all files under the library folder on the computer. Then I start Calibre, which creates the metadata.db.

WinXP Home SP3
Calibre 0.7.8
nook 1.4

Thanks.
tjk
tjkolev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #2
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Try this in Calibre:
— Click on the little down triangle next to "Add Books," to add multiple books from a single directory, assuming every book is a different book
— locate & select the directory in which you've saved the books
— Click "OK" or Add
— be patient
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 05:35 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkolev View Post
My first problem is that the library is not being updated. I have 5 epub-s on the nook. Those are displayed under the device. Hit 'Save to Disk'. Files get copied into the intended directory on the computer, but the library list in Calibre is empty. No item under the nook list gets the 'In Library' check mark. What has not been done right?
Save to disk does only that, saves the files to disk. It does not affect calibre's library.

If what you want to do is copy the books to calibre's library, select the books on the nook view, right click, and choose 'Add books to library'.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote