Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-24-2006, 06:34 AM   #16
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos
Irex's hasn't answer design256 question on iRex's forum.
M has now...
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 07:45 AM   #17
design256
Connoisseur
design256 doesn't litterdesign256 doesn't litter

Device: Irex Iliad
Quote:
design256, thanks.
I run your watchdog [only 2 iLiad pages src ]with:
Code:
./watchdog 5
And iLiad [2 bars in battery logo or so] shut down in some way last night. After booting iLiad this morning the battery was empty - I got a low battery message after 7 min or so. So iLiad cosumes too much energy after shut down this way [crux mentioned in caveats].
[Edit]: Can anybody verify my observation of energy consumption?
Irex's hasn't answer design256 question on iRex's forum.
[Edit] iRex answered now.
If the Iliad was shutdown from the watchdog, it would use the same level of power as if you powered down with the switch.

My guess is that for some reason the watchdog didn't fire, and the machine powered down because of low batteries.

Are you by any chance using a beta of V2.8? The watchdog will need updating before it works with that...
design256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2006, 08:53 AM   #18
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by design256
If the Iliad was shutdown from the watchdog, it would use the same level of power as if you powered down with the switch.
Ok, thanks.
Quote:
My guess is that for some reason the watchdog didn't fire, and the machine powered down because of low batteries.
Mmh. Ok, maybe it was my fault, who knows. The first test before going to sleep was ok for me, iLiad shut down.
Quote:
Are you by any chance using a beta of V2.8? The watchdog will need updating before it works with that...
No, still 2.7 here. I have read Matthijs' post: "watchdog relies on 'accidental' functionality".

Do you plan a gui? If not, we could use 2 manifest.xml for [+] [-] a variable $timer, the 3rd one could read $timer & start watchdog.

Last edited by yokos; 11-24-2006 at 08:56 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:01 PM   #19
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Ok, thanks.
Mmh. Ok, maybe it was my fault, who knows. The first test before going to sleep was ok for me, iLiad shut down.

No, still 2.7 here. I have read Matthijs' post: "watchdog relies on 'accidental' functionality".

Do you plan a gui? If not, we could use 2 manifest.xml for [+] [-] a variable $timer, the 3rd one could read $timer & start watchdog.
I've already made a launcher (i.e. a manifest file and an icon I found with google image search). Let me know if you want me to post it.

But I've run into some problems: It seems that the watchdog is terminated. If I start a shell and use that to start watchdog, ps -fe | grep dog shows me it is running. When I terminate the shell, starts a new shell and lists processes, it is not running anymore. Will investigate further tonight, perhaps nohup will work, just gotta get some sleep first:-)
narve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 05:23 PM   #20
design256
Connoisseur
design256 doesn't litterdesign256 doesn't litter

Device: Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by narve
I've already made a launcher (i.e. a manifest file and an icon I found with google image search). Let me know if you want me to post it.

But I've run into some problems: It seems that the watchdog is terminated. If I start a shell and use that to start watchdog, ps -fe | grep dog shows me it is running. When I terminate the shell, starts a new shell and lists processes, it is not running anymore. Will investigate further tonight, perhaps nohup will work, just gotta get some sleep first:-)
hmmm. I'm not in my office so I can't check tonight. Can you try

Code:
disown %1
after you'ver started the watchdog. It's possible it's being held by the shell jobcontrol.
design256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2006, 04:50 PM   #21
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
hmmm. I'm not in my office so I can't check tonight. Can you try

Code:
disown %1
after you'ver started the watchdog. It's possible it's being held by the shell jobcontrol.
Right, finally ssh is working so now I can give it a try
Old 11-28-2006, 05:08 PM   #22
narve
iLiad fan

nope, disown didn't work... strange. This is probably the most actually useful community application for the iLiad... I am not a Linux expert, could use some help here!

When I launch the application using the shell, it works. When I start the application through the launcher, nothing happens... will look further into it next available hour :S
Old 12-04-2006, 02:51 PM   #23
narve
iLiad fan

Forgot to post here: Watchdog works fine now. I don't know what the problem was, but I lost the folder and had to recreate the scripts, and it worked fine. Probably a silly bug in my run.sh