Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 12:23 AM   #151
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
i found mobile read while i was looking up certain kindle questions i had on the net i found this to be a nice community and decided to join! although sometimes, the arguments in other threads do tend to intimidate me
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:22 AM   #152
Aurora13
Enthusiast
Aurora13 began at the beginning.

Device: IPod, Sony PRS-350
I was searching in Google for e-reader reviews and cam across this site. I found it to be very informative and decided to join instead of lurk
Aurora13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #153
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Five/Six months ago when I was trying to decide between a Kindle or Nook, I realized that just about every question or concern I entered into Google, returned an answer from MobileRead. Once I had my Kindle in my hand, I joined the site, and have been pretty happy here ever since.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #154
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Well, I had been coveting an eReader for a long time. The only brand names I knew were Nook and Kindle. I was leaning Nook because my public library has a great selection of eBooks but doesn't support Kindle and I wanted that capability.

Anyway, I did a good search about comparing eReaders and posted in the "what device" forum. I got some good advice.

I ended up going to a closing Borders with a $25 gift certificate I got from my birthday. This Borders was in an enormous old building on St. Charles Ave. in New Orleans that used to be a funeral home. Anyway, I intended to get a graphic novel but they had the Kobo WiFi for 50% off. Minus my gift certificate and plus sales tax, that was abt $50. I decided to go for it. Its been a fun little device so far. I've had it for little over a month.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:33 PM   #155
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
In my case I stumbled across Mobileread thanks to Rwood's work. I was looking for the Harvard Classics in a format that I could read without having to be online (HTML files) and I found the Mobipocket here:https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Harv..._at_MobileRead through Wikipedia. I found out about the Kindle through Amazon's website.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #156
Schnauzermom
Schnauzermom began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I was google'ing something. I have no idea what. Wandered thru here for a couple of months before I hit the registration button.

My Nook...took a bit longer. I'd been reading with a variety of apps on my Evo. But I can't read that screen outside....

Played with a Kindle. It was OK. Co-worker brought in her nook for me to play with. It "felt" better. Since summer is coming, and I'll spend a lot of time on the patio..I was hooked.
Schnauzermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #157
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I like readers for functionality, and for reading. But my favorite device would be a tablet.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:44 PM   #158
Soul_Est
Gadgetic Young Man
Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BlackBerry Z30, Sony PRS-650, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
First heard about MobileRead when researching the 2010 SONY Readers. This was after reading multiple books on my last Android phone, the horrible Motorola Milestone using Aldiko and FBReader.

My favorite gadget is... I'll have get back you on that.
Soul_Est is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #159
Ditchleyportrait
Fanatic
Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
i found out about mobileread a long time ago. before or around the time of the launch of the prs 505. i purchased a prs700bc, but i returned it the day i got it because it was godawful.

i've read this site off and on for a few years now. i took a break from reading it for a whole year or so. i did buy the dxg independently of mobileread advice when it was launched.

i've been happy with that.

as a human in this era, i feel that i need an outlet such as this, a message board to express the mundanities of existence every so often.

i have always admired this place, and the more i learn about its features and ebook offerings, the more i admire it. we enjoy a convenient and fairly advanced array of features for a vbulletin forum. a feature such as "forum exclusion" is handy, and i've never seen it anywhere else!

this is exactly where i want to be at this point in my life, online-wise, that is , and i'm happy to be here.

my name is chris if the need to ever address me by name arises, but the user name works. i filled out some basic info about myself on my profile (male, student, etc.). thanks.

Last edited by Ditchleyportrait; 06-23-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Ditchleyportrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:26 PM   #160
encapuchado
Banned
encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Sony Touch (650)
I stumbled with this fine place when I was researching about what reader to buy.
encapuchado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:08 AM   #161
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
I saw three people using different e-readers while I was on a holiday in Hong Kong. My interest got piqued even though I knew about such devices back then, but I think I was finally sick of using my iPhone as an e-reader. I came back and googled and found this.
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #162
flourish
Enthusiast
flourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura about

Device: kindle NT, Samsung galaxy reverb
I found Mobile Read through Google last week. Glad I did too- this site is a great way to waste time.
flourish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:44 PM   #163
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
Once again Google was my friend. I bought the Kindle 3 a couple of months ago and when the Kindle Fire came out, being the gadget freak that I am, I also bought that. As usual when I have an interest in something I want to know all I can about it. I have found that forums are the best way to do that. This is no exception. It's an excellent forum and the people responsible should be very proud.
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #164
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
A year ago. while looking for some info about Nook 1st gen. Love the site . Plenty of nice people and great advices. I learn something new almost every day.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #165
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
When I bought my first e-reader in April, a Kobo Wifi, (now given to one of our children for a gift), I looked for a place where people were talking about e-reading and stumbled on this site. It's been a valuable resource and I like the atmosphere here.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote