Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
If your library is part of the Ohio eBook Project

they have added an awesome selection of Adobe epub books. I didn't even know they offered epubs! I just checked out Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore, which I've been wanting to read since it was published. They also have the first two Millenium Trilogy books, a ton of John Grisham, The Help and a lot of other bestseller-type books. Go check it out!

http://ohdbks.lib.overdrive.com
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
The Fairfax, VA Library has a similar program. In fact, while in Brazil last January, I managed to borrow and upload an eBook from them.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Be sure and check our wiki for Lending Libraries and keep it up to date.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
Seattle Library

I just checked and my Seattle library has 10 times as many ePub and 10 times as many MobiPocket eBooks as this Ohio source.

IF you live in Washington State, but are not part of the Seattle library you can get a non resident card for $85 per year. Or, if you are temporarily living in Seattle, you can get a temporary card for 3 months for $25.

http://www.spl.org/default.asp?pageI...d_serviceareas
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #5
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
I just loaded my first library book onto my nook today. My local library doesn't offer ebooks that can be read on a device, only a pc. But with my local library card, I was able to get a card for the Philadelphia free library and they have a nice selection of ebooks.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 10:28 PM   #6
sippie2
sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
I just loaded my first library book onto my nook today. My local library doesn't offer ebooks that can be read on a device, only a pc. But with my local library card, I was able to get a card for the Philadelphia free library and they have a nice selection of ebooks.
They sure do. I have a library card from them and from the Omaha, Neb Public Library---you can get a non-residential card from them for $20 @ 4 months or $60/yr, they were one of the first libraries that I ran across that would let you fill out an app and mail to them for the card. I'm also considering the Fairfax, Va Lib. If I can't find a book at one of them I'm interested in, I can find at the other I'm also borrowing my grandson's library card number for a library in TX. So one way or another, I'll plenty to select from
sippie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:20 AM   #7
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
If you live in Ohio, you can by law be a member of any public library in Ohio (since they are partially state funded). As long as you're willing/able to get to a branch in that library system to prove your residency (and then show up annually or biannually to prove you still live here), you can get a card.

CLEVNET's system has a whole lot more ebooks than the one in this thread, at least so far.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #8
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
If you live in Ohio, you can by law be a member of any public library in Ohio (since they are partially state funded). As long as you're willing/able to get to a branch in that library system to prove your residency (and then show up annually or biannually to prove you still live here), you can get a card.

CLEVNET's system has a whole lot more ebooks than the one in this thread, at least so far.
Thanks for the info! I wonder if we'll be heading up to Cleveland any time soon...
Old 05-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #9
FizzyWater
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Check the CLEVNET website - there are actually branches all over the upper part of Ohio...you might be closer than you think to one of the branches.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:21 PM   #10
sgt_usmc
sgt_usmc began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thanks for the info FizzyWater! That is a resource I didn't know about.
sgt_usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #11
FizzyWater

Glad to help. I actually make a point of renewing my card regularly, when I visit family up that way, myself. The Cleveland ebook selection is by far better than the one in Columbus!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #12
maxbookworm
Addict

Just added it to the the library Wiki

I did some parallel searching of newer titles of interest to me and so far I'm getting the same hits (and misses) from CLEVNET and Ohio eBook Project, so I'm definitely happy with their selection so far. I just checked out "Chess for Dummies" and "And Another Thing..." By Eoin Colfer. This is so much fun