Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-08-2017, 10:20 AM   #1
Filmbrain
Connoisseur
Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Light bug in 4.4.9349 (Aura Edition 2)

Hi all --

After my trustworthy Aura HD died this week, I got my hands on an Aura Edition 2.

Did a sync upon setting it up, and it upgraded to 4.4.9349. Everything working alright, except 2 strange issues regarding the light, one known, one new to me.

1) When entering sleep mode, the light stays on permanently. I was seeing this on my Aura HD as well, so I figure this is the same bug.

2) This is new -- and very annoying -- whenever I wake the device from sleeping (with the light off), it automatically sets the light at 17%. Every time.

Is this a bug, or a feature of the Aura that I'm unaware of. Damn frustrating to have to manually turn off the light each time I wake the device.
Filmbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2017, 12:11 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
It's a firmware bug. When you want to put your Kobo Aura2 to sleep, turn off the light first. The light bug(s) are being worked on by Kobo.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote