Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-24-2006, 07:57 PM   #31
hkabir
e-bookviner
hkabir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPodTouch
We, who are not programmers, and don't understand a lot of things inside a program, need a exe file on windows platform so that we can also add fonts. I guess someone can help us having the same enjoyment as the programmers' are enjoying. Shouldn't we?
hkabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:36 PM   #32
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
See post #22, hkabir: it seems the Great Ones already have something like that in mind.

And now, let us move the Great Ones to wrath, lest they withold their Bountiful Blessings from us.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2006, 11:59 PM   #33
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Finally I got a hold of all three good Unicode fonts (Roman, Swiss and Monotype). Now we have fonts, which are essentially identical to the original packaged ones, but have full European language support. For Monotype font I had to use the Courier10 Pitch Win95 BT font, that required a slight mod to the kconfig.xml. The latest /opt cramfs image is at the same spot. The instructions for loading the image into the device are still valid.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:27 AM   #34
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan
... For Monotype font I had to use the Courier10 Pitch Win95 BT font, that required a slight mod to the kconfig.xml ...
Thank you!

It's probably good idea to add archive with those fonts and updated kconfig.xml to replace those on PC
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:41 AM   #35
njt
Enthusiast
njt began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan
Finally I got a hold of all three good Unicode fonts (Roman, Swiss and Monotype). Now we have fonts, which are essentially identical to the original packaged ones, but have full European language support. For Monotype font I had to use the Courier10 Pitch Win95 BT font, that required a slight mod to the kconfig.xml. The latest /opt cramfs image is at the same spot. The instructions for loading the image into the device are still valid.
Could I trouble you to try a Japanese text with it to see if it works?
Attached Files
File Type: rtf Akatsuki.rtf (53.5 KB, 771 views)
njt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2006, 09:54 AM   #36
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njt
Could I trouble you to try a Japanese text with it to see if it works?
The new fonts only include Unicode sets up to Cyrillic (Latin based languages, Greek, Cyrillic based languages). There are neither Chinese nor Japanese characters there. You would have to use full Unicode fonts, i.e. Iwata (from the original Librie).
Old 10-26-2006, 10:02 AM   #37
porkupan
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava
It's probably good idea to add archive with those fonts and updated kconfig.xml to replace those on PC
Slava,
All of that is already there. You just need to learn to use cramfsck. kconfig.xml is in the sony/ebook/application directory, the fonts are in the sony/ebook/FONT directory.

Upd.: Actually, I just checked - the kconfig.xml file is different on a PC vs the ebook. So you shouldn't copy one to the other. But the fonts part is similar. This is what you would need on the PC:
Code:
	<ui>
		<font face="Swis721 BT" href="[bbebFontPath]" engine="FreeType">
			<family name="roman" uses="Dutch801 Rm BT"/>
			<family name="swiss" uses="Swis721 BT"/>
			<family name="modern" uses="Courier10 Win95BT"/>
			<family name="script" uses="Dutch801 Rm BT"/>
			<family name="decor" uses="Dutch801 Rm BT"/>
			<family name="tech" uses="Courier10 Win95BT"/>
		</font>
	</ui>

Last edited by porkupan; 10-26-2006 at 10:15 AM.