Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-26-2010, 07:36 AM   #1
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Sony ebookstore pricing

Thanks to the Agency Model screwing up buying for my iPhone, I'm looking at reading devices and stores.

Looking at the Sony store, it seems like Sony is charging MORE than cover price on the Big 5. $7.99 titles are $8.30, etc. It appears to be a 5% markup on Big 5 titles.

The only non-Big 5 author I buy from Random House is actually discounted below cover price.

Am I delusional, have bad luck with my favorite authors or is Sony charging extra on the Big 5, in addition to the Big 5 setting their own (higher) prices?

Bree
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Sony stores prices are sometimes higher than other retailers. If you were to purchase a reading device that reads ePub and PDF with Adept DRM, your choices are not limited to Sony.

I typically get my ebooks from my public library. Other retailers include BooksonBoard and Kobo Books.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #3
bevdeforges
Addict
bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Sony PRS600B; Sony 350; Sony T-2
I did another round of comparison shopping after seeing your message posted here this morning. The prices at the Sony store still seem to be changing. Last week, I know, one of the (newly released) books I had on my wish list suddenly dropped in price - from close to $15 to $9.99 at the Sony store. It still wasn't available elsewhere, so I snapped it up.

The rest of the books on the wish list all seem to be cheaper (sometimes considerably!) at Kobo - though not all the books are available there, and there are titles available at Kobo that aren't available at the Sony store. One book on my wish list suddenly is marked "not available" at Sony but still on offer at Kobo.

I suspect there is still lots of negotiating and juggling for position going on.
bevdeforges is offline   Reply With Quote