Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #24271
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Back on the road to see some more of the old town of Samarkand...
Sounds wondrous desertblues. Imagine sitting down somewhere over here and being given a warm welcome and free meal . Keep the updates coming.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:50 PM   #24272
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
<snip> Tomorrow I move on, with a slow train back to Tasjkent and from Tasjkent to the Fergana valley on the same day.

In my cup: lots of green tea.
Thank you for sharing. I love hearing about your travels and thoughts of what you see and hear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I missed a link?
The video - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...39#post2461439

Coffee in my cup and getting ready to start on all the stuff on my list of things to get done today.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #24273
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
@desertblues: Sounds like a fascinating trip, I'm jealous.

First Farmers Market of the year today. And, for a change, it's sunny, warm, and quite delightful. Last year we had cold, wet and miserable, and the year before it snowed. But today it's 16°.

In my cup: Okayti Estate first flush Darjeeling to celebrate.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #24274
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
First mug of tea while I vicariously travel the world.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #24275
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
DesertBlues, your trip sounds great. Can't wait to see the photos!
Chugging a mug of Yorkshire tea then we're off to sell garbage at the Flea Market.
Running fast and early....

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #24276
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
@ Blues: You haven't posted on your blog, have you?

@ KK: this time I dropped it from only half a meter. Landed flat face down and cracked all over. It still responds well, but I don't know when the glass'll break.

@ Stitchawl + Vydor Scope + C Russel: Otterbox looks like it's bombproof and they don't make it for unpopular phones Thanks for your advise, though. I'll look into it when I use a pricey phone. Right now that case is worth more than my phone
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:48 AM   #24277
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
@ Anh
There are restrictions on the use of internet in Central Asia and my travelblog on Wordpress is not accessible, as it will be in Xinjiang, China, later on.
Overal security is severe. There have been terrorist attacks on subways and in bazaars. I can and sometimes am asked for my passport+stamped entry form+ stamped proof of the hotels where I've been. To have a pleasant journey, which I have, one has to be aware of the political and religious sensibilities in these areas.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:51 AM   #24278
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Instant coffee in a mug.

@ Blues: Right, I forgot some are blocked here, too.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:32 AM   #24279
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coke Zero #1.

And progress (of a sort) on the job front. I need to arrange a start date with my new boss. Although it's still not clear whether I've passed the security check.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:37 AM   #24280
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Home from the Flea Market, bringing home a lot less than we brought TO the Market. I love selling things that I'd be just as happy to throw away. On the other hand, I DID buy another camera bag... One can't have too many of those. (At one point I had 14, but pared down to four. But the one I found today retails for about $250, was virtually brand new, and sold for $10. The vendor had about a dozen different camera bags, but there were only two 'pro' bags, and the other wasn't the style I like to use. So home now and sitting down with a cup of unbranded Keemun tea and playing with my new toy!

Stitchawl
Old 03-31-2013, 12:48 PM   #24281
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hoppy Bunny Day everyone (my son's favorite way to describe the egg hunt day).

I do miss this part of the day, now that he is grown. I use to make it a treasure hunt and write clues to other clues to other clues to keep him going for quite a while just so he could find the stuff to fill his basket. It was great reading and critical thinking practice as well as hilarious fun to watch him try to find the meaning and location of the next clue. I did not make it easy, as he didn't like it if it was too easy and it was over too quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Coke Zero #1.

And progress (of a sort) on the job front. I need to arrange a start date with my new boss. Although it's still not clear whether I've passed the security check.
it comes through soon.

Butter Toffee Coffee in my cup and getting ready to dive out to the family gathering. Thunder Storms and heavy rain has changed our plans for some outdoor activities.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:10 PM   #24282
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tea, the first of the day.

I miss the egg hunts as well, now that the kids are away at school. I wasn't so elaborate with hiding the eggs, but I do have some nice photos of them dyeing the eggs the night before.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:46 PM   #24283
Stitchawl
Opsimath

In your easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it,
You'll be the grandest lady in the easter parade.
I'll be all in clover and when they look you over,
I'll be the proudest fellow in the easter parade.
On the avenue, fifth avenue, the photographers will snap us,
And you'll find that you're in the rotogravure.
Oh, I could write a sonnet about your easter bonnet,
And of the girl I'm taking to the Easter parade.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIiM_whAa9U )

Good morning, all! A sunny start for the new week, following a nice Easter Sunday. I never saw the anesthetized rabbit though. And never got my Cadbury Cream Eggs. Bummer. But this week should bring on all the Sakura colors, and I'm looking forward to it. It starts with a mug of Taylors of Harrogate's "English Breakfast" tea and some hummus, Kalamata olives, and pita. No left over Easter eggs for breakfast.

I used to enjoy making the Ukrainian eggs, but didn't have the time this year. They are actually a winter-time tradition, but I always made them in the Spring. They really aren't very hard to make. They just look that way.

Today we're off to find a 'public' hospital to redo our health checks for the Thai Visas. Bother... It's a simple check to say we don't have Leprosy, TB, Elephantiasis, or 3rd Stage Syphilis. Not even a blood test! Something a 2nd year resident could diagnose easily, but for some reason, the Embassy requires a 'public' hospital and refused our checks from the huge Center for Disease Control/University hospital... Oh well. Gotta play the game. At least I'll get in a few more hours of reading time in the waiting room.

But first... another cup of tea!

Stitchawl
Old 03-31-2013, 09:39 PM   #24284
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Exhausted... but another year in the bag. Tomorrow we all attempt to remember what is to live a life of a normal person who is not in a vast Easter production...
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:42 PM   #24285
cromag

Enjoys a cup of something and unwind!

I'm having a cup ... errrr ... glass of milk to go along with leftovers for dinner.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?