Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Removing Title from List

I would first like to say I love Calibre! It does a marvelous job!
Second of all, I'm a newbie, so please be gentle.
Is there a way to remove a title from the list without deleting it from my computer? I can't seem to figure out how, I'm sure it is operator error!
Thanks for such a great program!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I would first like to say I love Calibre! It does a marvelous job!
Second of all, I'm a newbie, so please be gentle.
Is there a way to remove a title from the list without deleting it from my computer? I can't seem to figure out how, I'm sure it is operator error!
Thanks for such a great program!
S
Calibre made a copy of your book if you used drag and drop or pointed to it with the Add dialog. Those should still be there unless you did something with them. You should not have used the Calibre library folder for the original content source.
Use the Save to Disk (Arrow menu)to make a back-up copy somewhere safe before you delete from the list.

Why people delete books from their Library is a Mystery to me. I alway Add More . There are boxes of dead-tree books all over the house (The book shelves over-flowed long ago)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Calibre made a copy of your book if you used drag and drop or pointed to it with the Add dialog. Those should still be there unless you did something with them. You should not have used the Calibre library folder for the original content source.
Use the Save to Disk (Arrow menu)to make a back-up copy somewhere safe before you delete from the list.

Why people delete books from their Library is a Mystery to me. I alway Add More . There are boxes of dead-tree books all over the house (The book shelves over-flowed long ago)
Thank you! No I don't use Calibre as my ebook library, I just wasn't sure if it deleted them from everywhere on my computer or not. That would be tragic!
In the ongoing never ending remodel of my house we built 16 feet long by 8 feet tall built-in bookcases. Can't wait to get my books out of boxes and onto them. I'm going nuts without my books!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote