Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
labraid
labraid is on a distinguished road

Device: Ectaco jetBook
JetBook Light Comic Book Reading

I bought the JetBook Lite a few days ago and started loading comics to it and I got to say "wow" it has great quality (after being converted from cbr to pdf with calibre). The zoom function is useful for the hard to read parts and the loading speed is fast (a few seconds to load a comic one second at most after to turn the page but most of the time its instant). For a budget E-Book reader this does the job. No back light and no internet but for the price it's fine. The only minor problem I had was the default conversion of CBR to EPUB, i was getting a "not enough memory" Error, PDF is a little bigger 5mb - 10mb but does the job. Here are a few pictures of the JetBook Lite VS Laptop CBR Reader.

I have also made a video to show it in action..

Last edited by labraid; 01-09-2010 at 03:22 PM.
labraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by labraid View Post
I bought the JetBook Lite a few days ago and started loading comics to it and I got to say "wow" it has great quality (after being converted from cbr to pdf with calibre). The zoom function is useful for the hard to read parts and the loading speed is fast (a few seconds to load a comic one second at most after to turn the page but most of the time its instant). For a budget E-Book reader this does the job. No back light and no internet but for the price it's fine. The only minor problem I had was the default conversion of CBR to EPUB, i was getting a "not enough memory" Error, PDF is a little bigger 5mb - 10mb but does the job. Here are a few pictures of the JetBook Lite VS Laptop CBR Reader.

I have also made a video to show it in action..
Wow, thanks for posting. Haven't read a comic in years and I have hundreds of comics stored away. Never messed with a digital comic before. Can you recommend any sites and/or resources? Have an Aluratek Libre and wish to try myself.
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
yes, it looks really nice, thank you for this video and pictures.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
labraid
labraid is on a distinguished road

Device: Ectaco jetBook
Not sure where to find them i htink they can be got from DC or Marvel and converted..

Last edited by labraid; 01-10-2010 at 12:21 AM.
labraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:57 PM   #5
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
WOW! those are some super cool pics of the comics! Thanks for posting!
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks for your efforts!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote