Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-17-2014, 04:49 PM   #2761
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
"Somebody Like Me" by Eddy Arnold

My favorite Eddy Arnold song, and a great video to go along with it!

Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:21 PM   #2762
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Black MIDI

This video should come with a poll question: "Is this music?" Welcome to the world of "Black MIDI"; so-called because if the piece was written out in traditional notation, the score would look like one huge blob of ink. This piece is 3 minutes and 44 seconds long and contains over 4½ million notes. No human alive is capable of playing it.

EDIT: I should mention for those of you who aren't up on electronic music creation that MIDI is an acronym for "Musical Instrument Digital Interface."

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-20-2014 at 08:12 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #2763
Qbert
Enthusiast
Qbert began at the beginning.

Device: none
Good to learn another language

Bark at the Sun!
Qbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:11 PM   #2764
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
Don't Watch a Show With This Dog!

victauria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:30 PM   #2765
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

I do like this song. There's also a good joke (perhaps NSFW) at the start.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:49 PM   #2766
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:15 PM   #2767
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
I don't think I can embed the video here because it's a live feed, but here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrM34...&feature=share

It's a live feed from a web cam set up pointed to a hummingbird nest in British Columbia, Canada. What a treat!

(There will be an ad at the beginning.)
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:53 PM   #2768
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
I don't think I can embed the video here because it's a live feed, but here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrM34...&feature=share

It's a live feed from a web cam set up pointed to a hummingbird nest in British Columbia, Canada. What a treat!

(There will be an ad at the beginning.)
By George, I think I've got it!

Old 04-02-2014, 05:02 PM   #2769
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Wonderful! Thanks! I just got an error message when I tried it.

She's just adorable.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:04 PM   #2770
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
Wonderful! Thanks! I just got an error message when I tried it.

She's just adorable.
I also removed the "&feature=share" portion off the back end of the link. Maybe that helped; I'm not sure.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #2771
Ken.Hagdal
Connoisseur
Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Ken.Hagdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #2772
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

During the heyday of MTV, back when it was a music video channel, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers consistently had some of the most creative and well produced videos.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:30 AM   #2773
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I don't know about it being the best ever, as I'm sure I haven't seen all the classroom pranks since humans first began assembling in classrooms, but it is good.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:50 AM   #2774
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I don't know about it being the best ever, as I'm sure I haven't seen all the classroom pranks since humans first began assembling in classrooms, but it is good.

A bit difficult to get the point when the Spanish subtitles are covering the English ones....
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:06 AM   #2775
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I didn't even notice the subtitles the first time I watched it. I don't see Spanish subtitles at all.

Tags
cats, kindle, tax, vincent price