Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #3856
raiderkilo
Connoisseur
raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: PRS-350 "PRS+"
Thank You for quick reply I will try build custom.
raiderkilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #3857
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Asus Transformer, WIFI Xoom, EVO LTE, 3G Paperwhite 10/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaAnn View Post
I just got a new 505 and want to load PRS+ on it. I transfered the installer to the reader (not putting it in any specific folder). I go through the steps but at the very end I get an error msg that says invalid type. I've attached the image since I can't get into Flickr to load the image to paste here. How do I fix this?

EDIT: I found the solution myself. I needed to update my Sony firmware first. Once I did that, PRS+ installed just fine. Now I can see the clock when I read.
I am having the same issue with my 505. I went to the Sony FW page but all that is available is 1.1.00.18040 which I currently have installed.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2012, 02:11 AM   #3858
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
nobylspoon

run the PRS+ uninstaller (to be run from PC) and then try the update-process again. (I'm normaly doing it from SD-Card, and make sure there is enough free space in InternalMemory)

Last edited by Mark Nord; 09-10-2012 at 02:12 AM. Reason: typo
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:28 AM   #3859
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I have 2.1.01 alpha on my two PRS-350 readers. When I sort by author, the book titles are no longer in alpha order under the author. Is this a known issue or did I screw something up?
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:44 AM   #3860
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

No, to my knowledge PRS+ do not mess with any sortings, beside fixing some "article" issues in some languages. But this might effect Titel-Sort (like The Journey -> listed unter Journey with article recognised)

As Author and Titel information is taken from meta-data embedded in the book-files, there might be messed up meta-data in your files.
You should be able to check for the meta-date on the info-page.
Advert
Old 09-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #3861
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have two 350s that I had 2.1.01 alpha on and they both sort incorrectly when by author, but they weren't the same sort of titles on each reader, the order was different. As both are loaded through Calibre from the same library, they should be the same. There really doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how it sorts as you can see from the screenshot.

I checked the metadata path in Info, and they all seem to be in correct format as far as alphabetizing, such as:
database/media/books/Saul, John/Devil's Labrynth, The - John Saul_266.epub

I installed 2.0.18 on one of the readers and I still have the same incorrect sort by author. I really can't remember when it first started though.

The majority of the books were just loaded on the second 350 yesterday, so its file shouldn't be corrupt, but is there possibly one file I can delete to let the reader recreate that might fix the sort?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-9-10.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	92139  
Old 09-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #3862
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
You are making the assumption that, when you sort by author, there's a secondary sort by title. I don't think that's right.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #3863
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Ripplinger

I can't see a wrong author sort on your screenshot.
There are only Saul, John under S. Allright so far. (No Smith or Miller mixed within)

I think it is wrong to assume, that the titles within the same author should be sorted by title. There might be another rule, date for instance- if any.

Might be a nice FR.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #3864
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder

Before when sorting by author, all titles under that author would be in alpha order. That's the sort that's off. At least I could swear that it used to sort that way.

If I'm indeed imagining it (it sounds like I am at this point though ), yes, I'd say it would be a great feature to add into PRS+. Maybe I'm thinking of finding books easier through the folders option.

Edit: I also checked the sort if it was by date possibly, but that's not the case either. It really just seems to be somewhat haphazard, and different on different ereaders with the same identical books loaded on them.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 09-10-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #3865
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
Is anyone able indicate when the final v2.1 might be released?
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #3866
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Question to developers:

How can I get metainformations from books?

For example:
If I want to get the filetype I use this statement:
Code:
FileSystem.getMIMEType(kbook.model.currentBook.media.path)
So far so good.

I additionally would need:

Author
Pub.Date
Filedate
Filesize

Questioned the other way round:

I tried to incorporate Terisa's file found to be here:
http://code.google.com/r/terisam-cha...om_BookInfo.js
But it doesn't work well. So far as I can see, it should show file meta data like mentioned above.

Or questioned the 3rd way:

I want to use vanilla book information but additionally with genre and collections

Thank you!
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #3867
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
Question to developers:

How can I get metainformations from books?

For example:
If I want to get the filetype I use this statement:
Code:
FileSystem.getMIMEType(kbook.model.currentBook.media.path)
So far so good.

I additionally would need:

Author
Pub.Date
Filedate
Filesize

Questioned the other way round:

I tried to incorporate Terisa's file found to be here:
http://code.google.com/r/terisam-cha...om_BookInfo.js
But it doesn't work well. So far as I can see, it should show file meta data like mentioned above.

Or questioned the 3rd way:

I want to use vanilla book information but additionally with genre and collections

Thank you!
Well, you have a problem here. Collections I've been able to get them (not perfectly because I haven't continued), but genre is not possible to get it from the metadata, because Sony doesn't read it. I use my folder information because I know it's related to the genre, but it's MY method. I haven't found any point at the metadata file where genre is included.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #3868
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Therisa

Ok, I got the thing with genre. No problem. What I really want is to incorporate collections additionally to the vanilla information screen. I've to admit I do not understand your file...

When using your file, I'll get following data from books:

Title
Author
Series
Genre (yes, I know;-)
Collections

And now additionally

Filetype

Can you give me a hint how to add

filesize
filedate

Thanks

PS.: I presume that your file should show all the vanilla metadata + your add. data?
If yes, this does not work in my case.

Last edited by Analogus; 10-07-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #3869
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

No, my up-to-date file shows only the first four data (the only interesting data for me). BTW, Series is based on filename too, no info about it in Sony database, and I change author_sort (which is the name I sent to the device) to author.

About filedate, you have FskCache.getModificationDate, or you can see infoListNode.prototypes at kbook.xs (infoListNode.prototypes.size, infoListNode.prototypes.date)
Old 10-09-2012, 04:53 AM   #3870
Analogus
Fanatic

Thanks for your explanations.

A.