Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
denmarks
Enthusiast
denmarks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Possible charge light problem

I purchased my reader (PRS-300) yesterday and did not even notice that there is an indicator light next to the power switch. The instructions indicate that the light should flash orange when switching on and off. It does not. In all other respects the reader seems to work fine. The light flashes when plugged into the USB and was solid red while charging. It is now fully charged and off. Should I be concerned?
denmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I have a 505 and 600 and the light never turns on unless you are charging. I suspect the 300 is not any different. I would not be concerned.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #3
denmarks
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
I have a 505 and 600 and the light never turns on unless you are charging. I suspect the 300 is not any different. I would not be concerned.
I used the Sony chat to ask a rep if there was a problem and he indicated that it should work. The feature may have been removed since it serves no real purpose.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
denmarks
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
I just looked at the PRS-600 manual and it does not show it flashing when turning on/off. The PRS-300 manual does.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The only time my 505's LED turns orange is when the computer is accessing the reader when it's plugged in via the USB port.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
My guess is it only does it on a full shutdown. The power switch at the top just puts the Reader on standby.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #7
denmarks
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The only time my 505's LED turns orange is when the computer is accessing the reader when it's plugged in via the USB port.
The manual for the PRS-505 indicates the same thing as the PRS-300 about the light. I guess they are both wrong.