Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-29-2004, 01:33 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
eBayFeed - converts your eBay searches to RSS!

eBayFeed/1.0 allows you to create customized RSS 2.0 feeds of your favorite eBay searches. Compared to other eBay-to-RSS solutions, ebayFeed has the following advantages: it is fully customizable and extensible (open-source), it supports eBay platforms of other countries (take a look at config.inc), you can run it on your own server, it doesn't log your clicks on items, nor does it advertise your search habits to others (such as qksrv.net), and it allows you to fully utilize eBay's advanced search forms. It currently supports eBay USA, eBay UK, eBay Germany, eBay France, eBay Italy.

You can see the script in action here:

http://www.halted.de/

(make sure to copy it on your own server as above server is only for temporary demonstration purposes!)

source code: here and here.

full package zipped: here.

eBayFeed/1.0 was written in PHP and requires the cURL extension.

Feel free to post your comments!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 02:19 PM   #2
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
Awesome news for eBayers on the go. Now all we need is FatFingers integration .

Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2004, 02:25 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It actually works Use FatFingers first; then enter the resulting url (http://search.ebay.com...) in eBayFeed.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:00 PM   #4
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
Thanks! I should have figured that one out .
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 03:14 AM   #5
DaNDeE
Connoisseur
DaNDeE began at the beginning.

Device: Newton/iPhone/iPad
Danm, bad times for my moneybag. This will defenitly ruin me!
DaNDeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2004, 09:54 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

I put it online on another server now. You can fully test it including the generated RSS feed!
Old 09-01-2004, 07:43 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Just released an update: eBayFeed/1.10

eBay finally standardized its output among various local platforms. Make sure to upgrade to eBayFeed/1.10.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:39 PM   #8
supergg02
supergg02 began at the beginning.

good work ! (test it with success)

the only problem is ebay 'Submit Query' (we have to go to do the search on ebay site first )

spoofing ebay forms to get a correct encoded url (url+query) is very hard to do
hope more better solution
supergg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 01:00 PM   #9
gjhead
I'm new here.
gjhead began at the beginning.

I have been running a private version of EbayFeed from my website for the last year or so. Just this week, it stopped working for me. Has anyone else had any difficulties this week?

Alexander, if you are still following this thread, do you have the time to possible help me out? Over the the last year I've become quite addicted to your little script...

Thanks in advance.
gjhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 01:10 PM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhead
I have been running a private version of EbayFeed from my website for the last year or so. Just this week, it stopped working for me. Has anyone else had any difficulties this week?

Alexander, if you are still following this thread, do you have the time to possible help me out? Over the the last year I've become quite addicted to your little script...

Thanks in advance.
I haven't used it in a while, but I promise I'll look at it!
Old 12-10-2005, 01:11 PM   #11
gjhead
I'm new here.
gjhead began at the beginning.

Thanks Alexander, You can PM me if you would like me to send you my direct URL's.

Thanks for your help!
gjhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:29 PM   #12
mariowario
mariowario began at the beginning.

Device: x50v
Hello,

since some days the great script isnt working for me too.
The rss reader will refresh the feed but i will not get new headlines.
Tried it with diffrent rss readers and diffrent ebay platforms (ebay germany and ebay uk).
So i think ebay changed something.
Or is the script working great for everyone else and only my config is fucked up?

It would be awesome when you could get the script back to life alexander.

Thank you very much.

Where can i donate?

Regards
David
mariowario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:36 PM   #13
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

eBay has changed something. I cannot promise anything, but I'll try to fix it.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:48 PM   #14
mariowario
mariowario began at the beginning.

Device: x50v
Thank you very much.

Your script is the best around, would be too bad when its isnt working anymore.
WHY OH WHY EBAY!
;(((

Good luck.

Regards
David
mariowario is offline   Reply With Quote