Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #46
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I'd say it'll be up after both you AND LazyScot have updated your ongoing sagas, but I fear I might get lynched. Or lose the plot (of the story, that is, not in general terms. I lost that years back)
<picks up phone and dials top secret, ultra secure, yeti-phone number>

"Hello, is that Yeti Pestering Services, unlimited."
"Excellent, I have a potential commission for you."
"No the subject is well-known to you. It's Am."
"Oooh. A discount for that subject. Excellent."
"Ah. Well there are two areas for to tackle."
"An extra discount for more with this subject. I like your business model."
"Details. Well, the first one is for more chapters of The Tale of The Spotted Dick---"
"You've already got how many contracts for that??? Well, I'll add my tuppence to th---"
"Well, if you insist that is too much, only 1p it is. Now, the second is to pester her to stop pestering LazyScot."
"Conflict of interests, huh? How about a bonus to buy you out of the other contract."
"Okay other contracts. Are you ammenable?"
"Ummm. How about three bags of Bertie Bassett's finest?"
"Okay. Five Bags it is. I'll courier them right round. Pleasure doing business."

<hangs up.>
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:10 PM   #47
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
laziness does not preclude sneakiness i see !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #48
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
laziness does not preclude sneakiness i see !

Of course not. In fact, sneakiness is very important to Laziness. In fact you have to work very hard to be properly Lazy....
Old 07-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #49
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Of course not. In fact, sneakiness is very important to Laziness. In fact you have to work very hard to be properly Lazy....
i see you've got it down to an art... or is it a science ?
Old 07-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #50
LazyScot
DSil

Quote:
i see you've got it down to an art... or is it a science ?
More of a..... umm...... calling
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 04:37 PM   #51
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
<picks up phone and dials top secret, ultra secure, yeti-phone number>

Quote:
I have a magnet that says "Organised people are just too lazy to look for things"
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #52
TallNHairyDave
The Yeti
TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 3gs
*phone rings*

Hello, Yeti Pestering Services Unlimited. Yeti speaking. How may I help you?

Ah, I'm everso sorry, but the contracts for pestering that gentleman have had to be rescinded as per clause 13(a) subsection (2iii)

As a goodwill gesture, I will be refunding a portion of your fees however.

Well, that's very kind of you to say so.

Certainly.

I'll be more than happy to enter into any new contracts to pester Mr LazyScot about his saga,

Ah, just to not Pester you not to Pester him?...

You have a deal. I await the delivery.

Ta Ta!

*click*

*Yeti sits back and nibbles some licorice*
TallNHairyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:46 PM   #53
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
More of a..... umm...... calling
yes, i see what you mean.
Quote:
I have a magnet that says "Organised people are just too lazy to look for things"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallNHairyDave View Post
*phone rings*

Hello, Yeti Pestering Services Unlimited. Yeti speaking. How may I help you?

mr. yeti sir, are you sure you're not actually a llama, under all that fur ?
Old 07-16-2009, 05:48 PM   #54
TallNHairyDave
The Yeti
TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
mr. yeti sir, are you sure you're not actually a llama, under all that fur ?
Nope, Yeti only has 2 legs, not 4.

Let me check though.

*counts legs*

Yup. Just two.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #55
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallNHairyDave View Post
Nope, Yeti only has 2 legs, not 4.

Let me check though.

*counts legs*

Yup. Just two.

funny, you sure seem like a llounge llama to me ! (were you not wearing your glasses / drunk when you counted ?)
Old 07-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #56
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
funny, you sure seem like a llounge llama to me ! (were you not wearing your glasses / drunk when you counted ?)
He might be undercover and doing a better job of it than Biggles
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:55 PM   #57
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
He might be undercover and doing a better job of it than Biggles
that's not difficult.

although, *i* saw through his disguise...
Old 07-16-2009, 05:58 PM   #58
TallNHairyDave
The Yeti

Yeti NOT llama

Two Legs.

Not long neck!

See. Not Llama!
Old 07-16-2009, 05:59 PM   #59
zelda_pinwheel

okay, okay ! calm down, sheesh ! being a llama isn't a bad thing, you know !

*mumbling* didn't realise llam-- sorry, *yetis* were so touchy ! can i help it if he seems just like a llounge llama already ? sheesh !
Old 07-16-2009, 06:02 PM   #60
TallNHairyDave
The Yeti

Quote:
okay, okay ! calm down, sheesh ! being a llama isn't a bad thing, you know !

*mumbling* didn't realise llam-- sorry, *yetis* were so touchy ! can i help it if he seems just like a llounge llama already ? sheesh !
Is llounge llama an honorific then?

Is Am a llounge llama?

Yeti confused!

Yeti thought you meant he was actually a Llama, like those quadrupeds that live in the andes...

If Am is a llounge llama, then yeti happy to be a llounge llama too... as long as I still a Yeti too!