Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-29-2009, 11:17 PM   #16
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Thanks, CyberRead is my 2nd favorite place to buy books beside Amazon. I buy a monthly romance bundle from them every month.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #17
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlespal View Post
I am a newbie and usually would do more research myself before posting a basic question. Since tomorrow is April 30, I need a shortcut. I own a kindle 1 and my husband is considering a sony 505. Will Cyber Read books work on either of these formats? Thanks.
As has been stated, you'd need to remove the DRM then use Calibre (to convert to Sony format). I'm not sure if Kindle can use straight Mobi format or not (once the DRM is gone). I have no qualms with people removing the DRM for personal use. There are plenty of forums here to help you.
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #18
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Yes, Kindle can read both PRC and MOBI formats with no DRM (AZW is just a modified MOBI format and not much of a modification at that).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #19
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Hey, I like this site :-) Did a search for Updike and Vonnegut and they have a respectable selection. With a coupon, it's cheaper than Amazon.

BTW, code "100000" does not work for me, but code "EBOOKS" worked for 25% off.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #20
ClintBrauer
Enthusiast
ClintBrauer doesn't litterClintBrauer doesn't litterClintBrauer doesn't litter

Device: Readius
Hey it's Clint from CyberRead

Folks,

I'm real sorry that I haven't been paying more attention. I've moved, been in the middle of a divorce...sigh. But things are heating up now very fast.

To answer a few of the posts:

1.) We did roll out a new credit card system and fired our old crappy bank....so we could better help out on international orders. We also can now accept more types of credit cards and accept Paypal itself.
2.) I've been making adjustments over time to hopefully have fewer folks experience the "validate" message without having fraud run wild on the site.
3.) If a coupon code doesn't work, please contact our support team asap. We like to hear from you unlike many other companies.

Also, as promised long ago, it won't be long and we will be adding many, many formats to our store at very high volumes.

So pretty soon you won't all be bummed out that most of our titles are only in Mobipocket.

BTW, please do take advantage of our review program.

Clint Brauer
General Manager
CyberRead.com
ClintBrauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert