Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
Nate0072
Enthusiast
Nate0072 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Nate0072 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Nate0072 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader 505 (Silver)
Unhappy Am so upset, Reader 505 stolen in the post

So, anyway. I live in Belgium at the moment and I ordered the Reader from England, sent it to my parent's house which took a week, then they sent it to me.

3 weeks later, nothing. either it got lost in the post or somebody nicked it. The annoying thing is that I can't claim on it through VISA because it has to be over 21 days.

So all of my ebooks that I downloaded are sitting on my computer waiting. OK, I can read them via Calibre but it sort of takes the pleasure out of it.

I visit this site quite often during the day and read the comments on how wonderful your Reader's are and how the whole ebook experience is wonderful and I just want to cry!

Some sympathetic message would be nice at this point.

Thanks
Nate0072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i'm so sorry for you nate. i would be miserable too. if you sent it by registered mail you should try to go to the post office and make a fuss. or if it's via transporter call their customer service. there may be a way of getting it back / replaced. good luck, and please let us know how it goes.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Ah, damn, I feel your pain.

Did your parents send it to you with any insurance ?
Even if they didn't, I think you should be able to ask the postal services for an inquiry and compensation (might be based on weight and not on the real value, though).
Do they have a receipt or a package number ?
This would be the basis for an investigation.

Or maybe it was delayed at customs.
I suspect they would have contacted you had it been the case, but it's still possible.

I sincerely hope it turns out ok.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate0072 View Post

Some sympathetic message would be nice at this point.

Thanks

Sorry Nate, it may yet turn up, so stay positive and in the meantime join in the fun ....

Last edited by GeoffC; 03-11-2009 at 01:03 PM.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:19 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Aw honey, that's such a shame. What on earth could have happened to it? Surely no one stole it, because how would they even know what was in it? Well, if there is a bright side to the story, I hope this is the worst thing that happens to you all week, and that the sun shines on you and brightens your days.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
busy91
Connoisseur
busy91 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.busy91 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.busy91 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Nook Color
Awww, I'm so sorry. That is always a worry when you get something like that.
busy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #7
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
That bites....why is is it bills never get lost in the mail but only the good stuff does
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Nate, bummer about the Sony. Be sure and let us know if it does turn up.

Hey, you don't suppose there are any MobileRead members working in the Belgium Postal system do you? We're an avaricious lot when it comes to eBooks. Mind you, we'd get so absorbed in looking over your books, we'd still be sitting in the Post Office with the thing and make an easy catch.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #9
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
That really stinks. I hope that it is just a delay and that it arrives safely.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Oh Nate, don't lose hope just yet. It may still show up.

In the meantime, stick with us......we'll make time fly.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #11
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Awww sorry to hear that
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:51 PM   #12
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Oh, noooooo!

You poor guy!

Maybe it'll still show up?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:41 AM   #13
dragonbone
must love dogs
dragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone 32GB 3GS, iPad 64GB WiFi
Oh, NO!
You poor thing, I can imagine how you feel as I worried myself silly waiting for my reader to arrive by mail. There surely must be SOME way to track it, even if it wasn't insured... It WAS insured right? Or at least your parents still have the postage receipt?
I once tracked down a 'three month lost' parcel through sheer determination and force of will, all the way from Japan to a small little post office in a SMALL town in South Africa. And all I had was the Japanese P.O. receipt no. I done all that from Japan too!
I searched for the S.A head post office online, emailed them and got the international phone number, and from there on a couple of FORCEFUL phone calls, and 24hrs later they had tracked the parcel down.
Go and FIND your parcel; is my advice.
dragonbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:49 AM   #14
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
A pox from on high to whoever *nicked* it.

I would also be upset.

Here's hoping that somewhere, somehow it's returned to you.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:36 AM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I'd make a big fuss at the company that took care of the postage! And when I say big, I mean BIG!

actually, I already did once, they had sent the package back to the poster because they refused to deliver out of office hours (not even on a Saturday!), while I work during office hours. Twice not taken = back to the poster. And I had even called them to say they should drop it off at the neighbours!

I hope you will find your lost frie... uhh, package!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote