Notices

Old 04-23-2023, 10:15 AM   #1
Jacques Q.
Connoisseur
Jacques Q. began at the beginning.

Device: quite a few Kindles...
useless folders retained

Hello.
I noticed a new behaviour since the latest update.
Let's say I have a file whose metadata is nonsense (author instead of title, etc.). When I charge it in Calibre, at first it will generate a folder whose name is the wrong metadata (wrong "author's name").
If I then corrrect it and make the metadata right, the wrong folder used to disappear once it was empty and be replaced by the new, correct one.
But now the first, ill-named folder stays there dumbly.
Is it my computer (although I made no change recently), or the new version of Callibre ? In the latter case, can this be prevented ?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Jacques Q. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 10:43 AM   #2
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
I found the same thing today. According to the library check, these ill-named folders remain and must then be deleted.
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2023, 11:31 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...7e201aed5e2346
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 01:18 PM   #4
Jacques Q.
Connoisseur
Jacques Q. began at the beginning.

Device: quite a few Kindles...
Thanks, Kovid, but should I do with this? Does this cancel/work around the issue?
If so, unfortunately I don't know how to deal with Github stuff, so will that be included in a later release?
Jacques Q. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 01:44 PM   #5
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
It will be included in later release. In the meantime you can find and delete the folders via library check
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2023, 02:57 PM   #6
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
I want to clarify that this problem does not happen on Linux or Mac.
But yes to some friends who use windows
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 03:41 PM   #7
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
It will be included in later release. In the meantime you can find and delete the folders via library check
You can also set up a development environment and run from source to get the fixes sooner -- I do this sometimes. I suggest SourceTree (which I beleve chaley also uses).
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote