Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-21-2021, 04:11 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The 2022 Annual Reading Challenge List Thread

2022 Reading Challenge List Thread

Welcome to our 13th Annual Reading Challenge!

The Annual Reading Challenge is neither a race, contest, nor an “exclusive club”, anyone can join! This is just a fun activity that some of us have enjoyed doing in the past. Many of us have found reading challenges to be an entertaining way to set goals for ourselves, get ideas for books, and see what others are reading.

This thread is for you to keep a running tally for your chosen challenge. Please state your goals at the top of your post (in the title line if you can), and then start your list in the body of your post. As you read books, edit your post to update your list of books read, or other challenge status.

Please Remember: No discussion posts in this thread. Please use the other thread for that. Non-List posts will be deleted or moved to the other thread.

Discussions & Ideas can be found here:

Post #2 of this thread is dedicated to a Table of Contents for all participants in this thread. Names will be added to this TOC in alphabetical order with a link to that individual’s post number from this thread.

Previous threads were for 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-21-2021 at 04:14 AM.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 04:12 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Table of Participants
  1. AdamGott - Post #33
  2. astrangerhere - Post #7
  3. bookaho!ic - Post #21
  4. CAFlanny - Post #13
  5. Dazrin - Post #9
  6. deedward9 - Post #27
  7. Dngrsone - Post #14
  8. DrNefario - Post #4
  9. Fbone - Post #24
  10. HLS - Post #28
  11. Hollow Man - Post #16
  12. ianthe06 - Post #34
  13. Indio777 - Post #30
  14. irishmac473 - Post #23
  15. issybird - Post #8
  16. jbcohen - Post #10
  17. jselby - Post #26
  18. JSWolf - Post #17
  19. library addict - Post #15
  20. Loosheesh - Post #6
  21. Musicman - Post #25
  22. nevlow - Post #22
  23. Paperbackstash - Post #19
  24. pdurrant - Post #3
  25. Pjama - Post #18
  26. rfog - Post #29
  27. spacepope - Post #12
  28. spindlegirl - Post #11
  29. sun surfer - Post #32
  30. Tarana - Post #20
  31. Uncle Robin - Post #5
  32. Waylander - Post #31

32 Participants .

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-10-2022 at 11:18 AM.
Advert
Old 12-21-2021, 04:13 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

My goal is to buy fewer books than I read. And so end up with fewer unread books.
Last year I managed to reduce my TBR pile by 135 books!

I start 2022 with 756 books on my TBR pile.

Books removed from TBR

Read and Reading
  1. December 31st, 2021: Poor Tom is Cold by Maureen Jennings - £0.99 - 3/5 - 271pp
    OK, but a bit heavy handed in the plot setup
  2. January 5th: The Stainless Steel Rat by Harry Harrison - £1.99 - 5/5 - 145pp
    Most enjoyable silly SF
  3. January 7th: Naughty: Nine Tales of Christmas Crime by Steve Hockensmith - Free - 5/5 - 175pp
    Just what was advertised - fun Christmas Crime tales.
  4. January 8th: Four To Score by Janet Evanovich - Free - 3/5 - 203pp
    OK, but a bit silly. Discarded 11 other freebies in the series.
  5. January 11th: Strange Attractors by Jeffrey A. Carver - Free - 4/5 - 286pp
    An enjoyable adventure SF.
  6. January 15th: Interzone #218 (Sep/Oct 2008) - £2.26 - 3/5 - 143pp
    An OK collection of SF short stories.
  7. January 16th: Diamonds in the Sky edited by Mike Brotherton - Free - - 208pp

Books added to TBR

Freebies
  1. None so far

Bought
  • January (1/£0.99): Hot Money
  • February (0/£0.00):
  • March (0/£0.00):
  • April (0/£0.00):
  • May (0/£0.00):
  • June (0/£0.00):
  • July (0/£0.00):
  • August (0/£0.00):
  • September (0/£0.00):
  • October (0/£0.00):
  • November (0/£0.00):
  • December (0/£0.00):

Analysis
TBR: 740
Books read: 6 (including 3 freebies, 0 re-reads, 0 abandoned)
Books otherwise removed from TBR pile: 11 (0 read previously, 11 discarded)

Books removed from TBR pile: 17
Books added to TBR pile: 1 (including 0 freebies, 0 omnibus counted as 0)
Removed/Added: 17
Net reduction for 2022: 16

Non-free books read: 3 (including 0 re-reads)
Total cost of books read: £5.24
Average cost of books read: £1.75

Non-free books bought: 1 (including 0 omnibus counted as 0, 0 not added to TBR)
Total cost of books bought: £0.99
Average cost of books bought: £0.99

Rating System:
1: Bad.
2: Poor. (Or just not to my taste.)
3: Satisfactory.
4: Good.
5: Excellent.

Pages are as given by the ADE algorithm in Calibre, or from the Amazon web page.

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-16-2022 at 08:12 AM.
Old 12-21-2021, 04:20 AM   #4
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Read twice as many books as I buy.

Bought: 0
Borrowed:0
Free: 0

Read: 5
Discarded/Expired: 2

Books read:
1. The Angel of the Crows - Katherine Addison (k) - 449
2. Open - Andre Agassi (k) - 503
3. Space Carrier Avalon - Glynn Stewart (k) - 336
4. Century Blade (short) - Rob J Hayes (k) - 23
5. Bear Head - Adrian Tchaikovsky (k) - 359

Monthly Breakdown:
Spoiler:
January
Read: 5 (£0.99)
Pages: 1670

Achievements:

1. Buy It, Read It. Start at least 75% of the books I buy.
Current total: 0/0 (100%)

2. King of the Mountains. My 5 longest books should total over 3000 pages.
Current total: 1670
Spoiler:

503 - Open - Andre Agassi
449 - The Angel of the Crows - Katherine Addison
359 - Bear Head - Adrian Tchaikovsky
336 - Space Carrier Avalon - Glynn Stewart
23 - Century Blade - Rob J Hayes

3. Morningstar Has Broken. An ongoing challenge to read all books shortlisted for the David Gemmell Morningstar Award. I'm down to the last 7, so the goal is to finish this challenge in 2022.
Current total: 0
Spoiler:
Shortlisted:
2013 - Irenicon - Aidan Harte
2015 - The Godless - Ben Peek
2015 - Age of Iron - Angus Watson
2016 - Starborn - Lucy Hounsom
2017 - Infernal - Mark de Jager
2017 - Snakewood - Adrian Selby
2017 - Hope and Red - Jon Skovron

4. Paper Chase. Reduce my unread paper book collection.
Out: 0
In: 0
Net reduction: 0

5. Never Gonna Be Respectable. Read a classic or literary-award-adjacent book.

6. He Scores. Read a book by Nevil Shute. This is a bit of an annual tradition since I inherited my father's collection, so I thought I would make it official.

Legend:
Book title: read,own,don't own
(p) paperback, (h) hardback, (k) kindle, (e) epub, (i) ibook/pdf, (a) audio
On target, Off target, Completed

Last edited by DrNefario; 01-20-2022 at 11:03 AM.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 04:49 AM   #5
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Lenovo P11
1. 130 books

2. 45,000 pages

3. Complete the "Read the World Challenge" at The Storygraph DONE

4. Complete the 2022 Onboarding Reading Challenge at The Storygraph

5. Clear my TBR at The Storygraph

and that's it for now

Last edited by Uncle Robin; 01-05-2022 at 09:27 AM.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2021, 06:23 AM   #6
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
More Quantity & Quality, More Audio & Paid Books

OBJECTIVES:
1. Read more books than my average for the last two years (at least 75)
- Current read count: 8

2. Read better-to-me books, including more nonfiction and more classics (EOY average rating should be 3.6+)
- Current average rating: 3.44

3. Read more books from my paid (ebooks) TBR pile (more than half of the read total/~40)
- Current read count for paid ebooks: 3

4. Listen to more audiobooks (reach Master level in Audible)
- Starting point: 308 hours
- Current status: 308 hours
- # of audiobooks (all sources) = 1

SUB-CHALLENGES
Spoiler:
(listed as they get underway)

A. Complete the two remaining books in the Anna Katharine Green collection (2010; $0.99)
1. The House of Whispering Pines (3/5) - Jan 3, 2022

B. Read my five remaining Georgette Heyer ebooks
1. Beauvallet (3.5/5) - Jan 10, 2022 (2012; $1.90)

C. Read one book every month from the monthly lists in Book Smart by Jane Mallison
1. January: Beowulf (4/5) - Jan 11, 2022 (library loan; Seamus Heaney translation)

D. Complete one book a month from the Penguin Little Black Classics 80-book collection
1. January: The Saga of Gunnlaug Serpent-tongue (3/5) - Jan 12, 2022 (print book/owned)

E. Read daily (~15 minutes) from the Harvard Classics collection ($0.00)
1. The Golden Sayings of Epictetus (from vol. 2) (3.5/5) - Jan 18, 2022

F. Read at least two books of Asian fiction
1. The Decagon House Murders (Japan) (3/5) - Jan 18, 2022 (library loan)

G. End Games: catch up on series in progress
1. Archangel's Sun (4/5) - Jan 19, 2022 (audiobook/library loan)

H. Complete the books in the Daphne du Maurier Omnibus 1 collection (2013; $2.82)
1. Frenchman's Creek (3.5/5) - Jan 19, 2022

(All are ebooks unless noted otherwise.)

Last edited by Loosheesh; 01-19-2022 at 02:37 PM. Reason: updates
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 07:23 AM   #7
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Length Goals:
  • Total Books: 50 (stretch goal of 75)
  • Total Pages: 15,000
  • E-TBR Reduction: 25
  • Read from Print-TBR: 10

Substantive Goals:
  • Read at least 51% non-American authors
  • Read more female/nonbinary authors than male
  • Read at least 52 short stories
  • Read each Poem of the Week (52) posted by The Guardian or poem from another source
  • Read at least 10 books across all our collections that are selected by my wife.

Color Codes:
Favorite
Dropped

POEMS
1. "The Age of Cardboard and String" by Charles Boyle
2. "Burning the Old Year" by Naomi Shihab Nye
3. "Homesick" by Hugo Williams
4. "When I Heard the Learn’d Astronomer" by Walt Whitman

SHORT STORIES
1. "Satellites" by Rachel Curtis (New Yorker)
2. "The Tailor of Gloucester" by Beatrix Potter
3. "What the Forest Remembers" by Jennifer Egan (New Yorker)

BOOKS
1. Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson
2. The Melody of Iron and Other Short Stories by Osamu Tezuka (book 1 from my print TBR goal)
3. Onward Towards Our Noble Deaths by Shigeru Mizuki (book 2 from my print TBR goal)
4. Vesper Flights by Helen Macdonald

BOOKS SELECTED BY MY WIFE

Last edited by astrangerhere; 01-18-2022 at 04:28 PM.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 07:53 AM   #8
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Maximum 150 books; biographies; reading list

If I fall into a theme or category outside my usual, I’ll add it.
  • Reduce my usual benchmark to 100 books, but with a maximum of 150 (rounded up to 13 per month - I can carry unread books forward, but can’t anticipate).
  • Switching from my usual choice of a topic to a genre instead, read 12 biographies (memoirs and autobiographies don’t count).
  • Read a pre-chosen list of quality owned books. Read

The motivating theme behind these three goals is to shake things up because what I was doing no longer worked. Links are to my Goodreads account.

Last edited by issybird; 01-06-2022 at 04:14 PM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 11:50 AM   #9
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW2, various Android devices
Goal: Read 12,000 Pages in 2022

I'm going to stick with my 12,000 page goal from the last couple years. We'll see how it goes.

Page Goal: Read 12,000 pages in 2022.
Status as of January 15: 1,168 pages read, 8 books/short stories completed.

Current and Upcoming Book(s):
  • Winnie the Pooh - A.A. Milne - Classic Tales podcast
Completed books:
Spoiler:
Ordered by finish date
  1. Cytonic (Skyward 3) - Brandon Sanderson
  2. Sunreach (Skyward Flight 1) - Brandon Sanderson and Janci Patterson
  3. ReDawn Skyward Flight 2) - Brandon Sanderson and Janci Patterson
  4. The Usual Santas - Mick Herron
  5. Drones to Ploughshares - Sarah Gailey
  6. The Placement Agency - Tobias S. Buckell
  7. To Jump is to Fall - Stephen Graham Jones
  8. Evershore (Skyward Flight 3) - Brandon Sanderson

My previous lists: 2022 | 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011

Last edited by Dazrin; 01-15-2022 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Updated book list
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 02:17 PM   #10
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
The Endless Reader

1) The Extractor volume one The Extractor by Mike Ryan
2) The Extractor volume two Past Dead by Mike Ryan
3) Brandon Hall volume one the Wrong Man by Mike Ryan
4) The Extractor volume three Pressure Point by Mike Ryan
5) The Extractor volume four Deep Cover by Mike Ryan
6) Monster Girl Base volume five Monster Girl Base five by Ryan Jacbos
7) The Extractor volume five Ripple Effect by Mike Ryan
8) Doomsday Hunter volume four Doomsday Hunter 4 by Eric Vall
9) Brandon Hall volume two Hard Bargain by Mike Ryan

December

Balance Brought Forward = $52

The Extractor volume one the Extractor by Mike Ryan - $18 - $70
The Extractor volume two Past Dead by Mike Ryan - $12 - $82
The Thousand Dollar Man volume five The Thousand Dollar Breakout by JT Brannan - $8 - total $90
The Extractor volume three Pressure Point by Mike Ryan - $8 - $98
Brandon Hall volume one The Wrong Man by Mike Ryan - $12 - total $110
The Extractor volume four Deep Cover by Mike Ryan - $12 - total $122
Brandon Hall volume Two Hard Bargain by Mike Ryan - $12 - total $134

January

Brandon Hall volume one The Wrong Man by Mike Ryan - $12 - total $12
The Extractor volume four Deep Cover by Mike Ryan - $12 - total $24
Brandon Hall volume Two Hard Bargain by Mike Ryan - $12 - total $36
The Extractor volume five Ripple Effect by Mike Ryan - $12 - total $48
Monster Girl Base volume five Monster Girl Base 5 - $8 - total $56
Doomsday Hunter volume four Doomsday Hunter volume four by Eric Vall - $8 - total $64
Wrath of the Dragon volume one Wrath of the Dragon by Eric Vall - $8- total $72
Brandon Hall volume three Loose Ends by Mike Ryan - $12 - total $84
Alex Mason volume one Odin by David Archer and Blake Banner - $9 - total $93
Brandon Hall volume four The Dead Client by Mike Ryan - $8 - total $111
Vector volume one Biostorm by Andrew Melchiorri - $16 - total $127

February

Last edited by jbcohen; Yesterday at 01:22 PM.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 02:56 PM   #11
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
First book was a DNF a book called "The Love Hypothesis" - I just could not get into the characters.

Jan 15 Now reading "Hana Khan Carries On" by Uzma Jalaluddin

Last edited by spindlegirl; 01-15-2022 at 04:36 PM.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 07:06 PM   #12
spacepope
Connoisseur
spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Main Goal: 1220/30,000 pages
Books Read: 4/80

Sub-Goals:
  • Japanese books: 0/12
  • Theology Books: 0/6
  • Classics: 1/4
  • Purchased TBR: 0/12

Short-Term TBR:
Spoiler:
  • Perelandra by C.S. Lewis
  • A James Lovegrove Sherlock Holmes story
  • How Not To Diet by Dr. Michael Gregor
  • Consecration to St. Joseph by Fr. Calloway

Books read:
Spoiler:
  1. Starsight by Brandon Sanderson [Overdrive]
  2. Cytonic by Brandon Sanderson [Overdrive]
  3. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald Public Domain
  4. Gossamer by Lois Lowry [Overdrive]

Last edited by spacepope; 01-19-2022 at 07:48 AM.
spacepope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 11:34 AM   #13
CAFlanny
CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Likebook Mars, Kindles: PW5, Voyage, & Keyboard
Goals for 2022:
  • Read more: I'm increasing my goal from 70 to 100 books read.
  • Read about 80% from paid for TBR each month.

I start the year with a TBR of 232.

Books Read: 9/100
Current TBR: 226

TBR: 7
Kindle Unlimited: 2
Library: 0
Books Removed From TBR: 1
Books Bought/Added to TBR: 2

Books:
Spoiler:
1. December 30, 2021: A Darker Domain by Val McDermid - from TBR
2. January 4, 2022: Traces of Mercy by Michael Landon Jr./Cindy Kelley - from TBR
3. January 7, 2022: Fitzwilliam Darcy: Man of Fortune by Jennifer Joy - KU
4. January 10, 2022: Out of the Silent Planet by C. S. Lewis - from TBR
5. January 13, 2022: The Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie - from TBR
6. January 14, 2022: A Disguise of the Worst Sort by Sarah Courtney - KU
7. January 15, 2022: Ghost of a Chance by Mark A Garland - from TBR
8. January 16, 2022: A Girl and Five Brave Horses by Sonora Carver - from TBR
9. January 18, 2022: Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein - from TBR
10. January 20, 2022: Time Bomb by Joelle Charbonneau - from TBR

Last edited by CAFlanny; 01-20-2022 at 03:29 PM.
CAFlanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 02:20 PM   #14
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
My goal this year is again an even 100. I should try to bring the TBR down below 1,000; it's at 1,085 at the beginning of the year...

Rereads in default color, new reads in sienna

1. Dust by Elizabeth Bear 1/03
2. Please Don't Tell My Parents I'm Queen of the Dead by Richard Roberts 01/12

3. In Conquest Born (Audio) by C S Friedman 01/12
4. Wintersteel by Will Wight 01/16

Last edited by Dngrsone; 01-17-2022 at 01:57 PM.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 05:52 PM   #15
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I have a mix of reading goals for 2022, but mainly to put another "big" dent in my TBR. They include:
  • Catch up completely on the backlist of at least two autobuy authors.
  • Read at least three complete series.
  • Pick 10 “Must Read” books for the year from my huge digital TBR mountain (not including any new releases)

January 2022

February 2022

March 2022

April 2022

May 2022

June 2022

July 2022

August 2022

September 2022

October 2022

November 2022

December 2022

Last edited by library addict; 12-29-2021 at 01:52 AM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote