Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-08-2021, 01:48 AM   #1
Panupat
Panupat began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Is there still a bookshelf view?

Downloaded and installed Calibre today. I remember there used to be a view where it looks like your books are on ac actual shelf. I can't seem to find it anymore.

I tried toggling the Cover Browser and the Cover Grid, try changing the background color, it's not quite the same.

And suggestion please?
Panupat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 01:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There was never a bookshelf view in calibre, and there isnt one now.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2021, 01:53 AM   #3
Panupat
Panupat began at the beginning.

Device: PC
I see. That must have been some other apps then Thanks for clarification.
Panupat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 06:16 PM   #4
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
You could set the cover box.
Preferences / Appearance
In distribution put as it is in the photo 2.
The result of that configuration is the first image.
I leave all the attached files.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5.png
Views:	564
Size:	542.9 KB
ID:	187034   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.png
Views:	460
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	187035   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	187036   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	282
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	187054  

Last edited by dunhill; 05-10-2021 at 05:05 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 02:06 PM   #5
Horus68
Zealot
Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Very interesting effect!
Note: the background attached is a blue one

You can also use this attached file:
And for cover size use: 3,3 x 4,4

Note: file edited from the original madcat101 https://www.deviantart.com/madcat101
Can be downloaded here
https://www.deviantart.com/madcat101...lves-178254007
https://wallpapersafari.com/w/H5Ch3l

For others:
Imagens to be placed in the config folder, as in:
C:\Users\Your_user\AppData\Roaming\calibre\texture s
(you need to change Your_user to your actual user!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	shelf_z1.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	187050  

Last edited by Horus68; 05-10-2021 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Added file
Horus68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2021, 05:58 AM   #6
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I have a problem on my 4K 32-inch monitor - I can't get all my books to fit in any of of the "shelf" backgrounds so kindly supplied above. Even if I shrink the cover size down to 2x3 so that they fit on the first row, subsequent rows are still not sittng "on" the "shelves". This is not important, I've never even used cover view before, but now that I'm experimenting with it, it would be nice to complete the illusion.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 03:10 AM   #7
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You could set the cover box.
Preferences / Appearance
In distribution put as it is in the photo 2.
The result of that configuration is the first image.
It turns out the my books "fit the shelf" with this background, but they take up 3 shelves, as in the attached screenshot. Any suggestions on how I can get this display to look "right"?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fit3.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	877.8 KB
ID:	187864  
Old 06-25-2021, 11:02 AM   #8
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
Oh nice trick, I'll save it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
It turns out the my books "fit the shelf" with this background, but they take up 3 shelves, as in the attached screenshot. Any suggestions on how I can get this display to look "right"?
I redid versions with a different number of shelves, but I couldn't apply the same color filter.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Explorer Shelves [resize 1] -by madcat101.png
Views:	152
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	188004   Click image for larger version

Name:	Explorer Shelves [resize 2] -by madcat101.png
Views:	125
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	188005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Explorer Shelves [resize 3] -by madcat101.png
Views:	127
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	188006  

Last edited by un_pogaz; 07-03-2021 at 04:59 AM.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:20 AM   #9
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by un_pogaz View Post
Oh nice trick, I'll save it.

I redid versions with a different number of shelves, but I couldn't apply the same color filter.
Option 1 worked a treat once I made the covers a little larger - THANK YOU!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	worked.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	187873  
Old 07-01-2021, 06:24 PM   #10
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Maybe taking the name out of the book
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	187966   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	182
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	187967  

Last edited by dunhill; 07-01-2021 at 06:32 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 08:03 PM   #11
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Maybe taking the name out of the book
No, that was one of the first things I tried, it made it worse
@un_pogaz' image does work quite well, it's the best fit for my particular monitor, it seems. Thanks very much for your patient efforts to help.